I Need some WWII help!!

hplug

Mar 28, 2005
I am trying to get some information about a WWII navigator, he was with the 96th bomb group, he crashed and was killed in the accident. He was the nephew of Heinz Guderian the famous German tank general who basically invented the blitzkreig stragety. Anyway his name was Lester Guderian, from Texas, I am pretty sure he was a navigator. Other that that I have not been able to dig up much. Any help would be great, his last sister just died this week and she was the last of nine U.S. Guderians, there was no namesake. The family would like a little help. Thanks for your time in advance.

I forgot his full name was Lester L. Guderian, and I think he was on a B-17 based in Snetterton Heath, England. Thanks again

papa

Sep 21, 2006
hplug,take all the information you can come up with,name,rank,service number,outfit,place of birth,parents,anything you can find,to the nearest veterains rep. If the records were not destroyed in the 79? fire,they can help you. If the records were destroyed in the fire,it will take some time to recreate them. Good luck.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
H

hplug

Mar 28, 2005
Those are the two I found also not a lot of info though. I did find out his fathers name was either Gus or Jess. Lester's nick name was "shorty" a good WWII era nick name huh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread