djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you tried in auto mode? If that doesn't work, set it to manual mode. You might have to take a picture from a little further back than you'd think. My Sony doesn't take good pictures when it's right on the coin, even with the "close up" option turned on. I checked yours, and it doesn't have a close up option.

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
I had the same problem, try backing out and then cropping and zooming the photo way down. The best option I have found so far is to use a scanner.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try using a tripod and see if that helps.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Canon 110 and I have the same trouble even though I have a macro setting. I too use a scanner as it works every time.

Sandman

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Try turning out the lights in the room. That helps me alot when I am photographing jewelry pieces I've made. The flash is just enough for my HP digital. But, actually I don't have very good luck; I ussually wind up scanning. No macro setting on my camera :(
Good luck. Trail and error...:)

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
djui5 said:
Have you tried in auto mode? If that doesn't work, set it to manual mode. You might have to take a picture from a little further back than you'd think. My Sony doesn't take good pictures when it's right on the coin, even with the "close up" option turned on. I checked yours, and it doesn't have a close up option.

Come on Randy,

You didn't check the manual far enough in!

You DO have a Macro Mode, but it's not where you would expect to find it! You have to go to the FOCUS MODE. Macro is under that. Go to page 59 of the owner's manual for more specific instructions. If you don't have the manual, just Google "Toshiba PDR 4300 Manual"

The closest you can get is 10 centimeters (4 inches).

Best,

Mike

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I didn't look hard enough to find the manual. Figured the owner would have one...you know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread