New Hunter

blakeifitz

Greenie
Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello i'm am planning on getting a detector, probably the tesoro silver umax from kellyco. the only problem is that i want to keep it as cheap as possible and i would still need everything else like a pinpointer and a spade. They have the fisher f2 for 275 that comes with 3 coils and a whole lot of stuff, everything i would need to get started. is it worth it to not get the silver umax and get the f2 with all the accessories. or does anyone know were i could get all that for real cheap. thanks -Blake.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Just call a few good dealers, get your rock bottom price on the machine only, no bundles. The machine comes in one box. Make it crystal clear to the dealer that you want a factory sealed unopened box. Go to the hardware store and buy a nail apron, the world's best finds pouch, and you will have plenty of money left to buy a good quality retrieval tool such as a lesche or similar. Cheap diggers break in no time. I make my own from old shovel heads for free. So, you got all you need to detect at the very lowest possible price. And you did it smart. You dont need a pocket pinpointer to begin with, or ever for that matter. But they are a big help. Get an el cheapo one if you must. If you are making a lot of finds and get hooked, you can upgrade your equipment as you wish. Good luck and welcome to Tnet.

OP
OP
B

blakeifitz

Greenie
Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a lot! and about calling dealers who should i call and how would i get a better price, or would i just be getting the same price everywhere else has?

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Call five of them. Say hello! My name is Valued Customer. Please give me your best price on model DeepCrap33, shipped ground UPS to Anytown, USA, or world for that matter. Say that you insist that the box be unopened, factory sealed. The dealer will sharpen his pencil. The dealer will give you a price. Go with the lowest price. You have just become a smart consumer.

OP
OP
B

blakeifitz

Greenie
Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks tons i will start tomorrow when they open back up again.

OP
OP
B

blakeifitz

Greenie
Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First call big boy hobbies, i didn't realize they didn't have tesoro lol.

Paulsj

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the Fisher F2 combo, the pinpointer is less than useless. Make sure with the money you save you get a Garret Pro Pointer. The difference this thing makes is HUGE!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from White Plains, New York! Here is what you need to get started on the cheap.

Tesoro Compadre Tesoro Metal Detectors - Official company web site with metal detector models for treasure hunting land or water.

Lesche Hand Digging Tool Lesche Digging Tool with Right Serrated Blade (Standard) | Shop | Features | Reviews | MetalDetector.com

Finds Bag Amazon.com: KELLYCO 3-Pocket Mesh Pouch: Sports & Outdoors

You need kneepads and gloves. You do NOT need a pinpointer with the Compadre, as it is light and sensitive enough to act as its own pinpointer. It is more sensitive to small gold jewelry than the Fisher or Garrett. Good Luck!

nightowl

Jun 1, 2012
Coker, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure you call Ed at Treasure Mountain Metal Detectors. He gave me the lowest price and free shipping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread