Took a break but coming back soon

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I regret that I had to give up my favorite hobby a little while back and sold my detectors. After an apparent mild heart attack and ongoing symptoms that they couldn't quite figure out I just didn't have the strength to get out.

Back in February of this year the root of the problem was finally kind enough to show itself by nearly killing me, 10 pints of blood and 10 days in ICU later they could finally tell me why I was getting weak and pale all of a sudden. I had been losing blood from Diverticulosis in my colon. In March they put me under and removed my entire colon and part of my small intestine. I have a nice scar of about 14 inches up and down my belly now but was very blessed in the fact that I did not require a colostomy. It's been nearly 3 months since my surgery and my health has improved exponentially. As of today I ordered a new V3i from Kellyco and got the little BOGO detector (BH Pioneer 505) for my wife. I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things (pun intended, lol)

I've been on Treasurenet for years now and have avoided getting back online because it would break my heart every time I thought about my favorite hobby. Well, Bad news.....I'm back. :laughing7:

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great report mrtim.......Ever notice how some trees look totally dead in the winter? Our lives are like those trees sometimes....but look out! here comes the spring and the tree blooms again!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have used massive blood loss as an excuse for brain actions,hard to dispute!he,he, what a relief it must be to have things sorted out. A great activity detecting can be for health. Hoping its golden for you and the mrs.welcome back!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread