Whites xlt coil blue max 4x6 or bullsye 5.3

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard that the 4x6 coil is not a very good coil, does not have a lot of depth, so that is why I got the 5.3 for mine.
Do what I did, read some reviews of the 4x6 vs the 5.3
HTH

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
tparker 805. Here you go again! Remember a fool and his money are soon parted. It's the same advice I gave you on your last post. The stock coil will go down 2' for large items. It will pinpoint to spot on. The larger coil is bad for small items and will mask close items. Get the stock 9.5" concentric coil in place of your bigfoot. You appear to have been bitten by the something larger or more costly is better bug. Just friendly advice.

Funny face-flower.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
tparker805

tparker805

May 7, 2012
Ventura county
Detector(s) used
White's Xlt spectrum
Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tparker 805. Here you go again! Remember a fool and his money are soon parted. It's the same advice I gave you on your last post. The stock coil will go down 2' for large items. It will pinpoint to spot on. The larger coil is bad for small items and will mask close items. Get the stock 9.5" concentric coil in place of your bigfoot. You appear to have been bitten by the something larger or more costly is better bug. Just friendly advice.

when i bought my xlt for 350 came with bigfoot brand new 9.5 coil and stock 9.5 rainbow coil as well i have used them extensively and find that i am missing stuff that ptabs are masking in a high trash area... i love the 9.5 coil and i cant agrue with you at all just need better discrimination thank you for the advice tho HH :occasion14:

btw if i had not sold my xlt i would have not made money ^,^

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Yes, you lucked out on the second XLT I will give you that one. If you get a repeat signal of pulltab on the XLT It is aluminum or possibly a nickel. I usually hunt in the coins and jewerly program. I custom tuned mine about 10 years ago and haven't touched the advanced settings since.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread