Am New. Have $2000 To Start Out With. What Should I Buy To Begin?

RelicHunter

Greenie
Jul 2, 2012
Leitchfield, KY
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, White's Coinmaster Pro / Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie also aricsqueen, I just bought a White's Coinmaster Pro about a week ago and already have learned some things of buying a cheaper detector first. They discriminate some but not all so pay attention to the tone, depth, and what you retrieve and make a mental note. There are also some great videos on you tube you can watch. You'll be glad you ordered the Garretts Pro Pointer it will save you tons of time with the built in proximity tones that will guide you straight to the target. Good luck and Happy Digging :gold-bracelet:

tparker805

May 7, 2012
Ventura county
Detector(s) used
White's Xlt spectrum
Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well airicqueen, it's to see you come to your senses :laughing7:

After reading your decision, I'll help you yet once again; just for the heck of it :tongue3:

You have decided to go with the Ace350, not bad... Then again you can go with the Ace250 and ave yourself $100 bucks. I would read up on both machines before you make he purchase and look at he comparisons on youtube..

I'll be glad to be the recipient of 50% of that savings. :tongue3:

Keep in mind the only real difference is an extra $100 to have that 3 replace the 2 :laughing9:

P.S. make sure you don't get the control box wet, otherwise you'll have nothing more than scrap metal and plastic, as just the coil is waterproof :icon_thumleft:

the khz man i find small stuff vs 250!!!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the khz man i find small stuff vs 250!!!

tparker, Wha, wha, wha whattt :dontknow: That's in case you're the Trey Parker who created South Park :laughing9:

I use a 250, and miss nothing large, or small.... Including pull tabs :tongue3: I think the only real difference is the standard butterfly coil that comes with the 350.. That being the case, I would use the money to but an additional larger, or smaller coil; all depending on your mood :laughing7:

P.S.

Besides, if something is that minute that I can't detect, it's not worth my time digging it up. :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

aricsqueen

Jun 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guys.

this was great - can't thank you enough for all the information.

have a few more questions, but will start a new post for posterities sake.

[and special thanks to those who pointed out the 250 is about the same as the 350 - I'm finding free money already and I haven't even started!]

tparker805

May 7, 2012
Ventura county
Detector(s) used
White's Xlt spectrum
Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tparker, Wha, wha, wha whattt :dontknow: That's in case you're the Trey Parker who created South Park :laughing9:

I use a 250, and miss nothing large, or small.... Including pull tabs :tongue3: I think the only real difference is the standard butterfly coil that comes with the 350.. That being the case, I would use the money to but an additional larger, or smaller coil; all depending on your mood :laughing7:

P.S.

Besides, if something is that minute that I can't detect, it's not worth my time digging it up. :laughing7:

lol kyle's mom love that show but no i wish i was trey parker i would have my ctx 3030 haha any ways yea i was just sayin my 350 hits lockets + chains 250 hit locket no chain thats just my experience. never done them side by side so i cant say thats accurate any ways there both SOLID machines cant go wrong and HH guys!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread