Australian Newbie

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all, im from australia and im just getting into reading about treasure hunting after i watched nichalos cages (pardon the spelling) National treasure movie and now im very interested in about starting to do some treasure hunting.

I was just wondering if anybody knows of any treasure in australia or knows a place where i can do some reaserch on unfound treasure in australia and on the history of treasure in australia.

any help would be much appreciated.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mecin,Welcome mate,"What state are in and general location"If have a mit more general info we mit be able to help find something worth chasing.Better warn you now first shipwrecks are out of bounds as far as treasurehunting goes.Any thing deemed stolen under the law is not yours to keep either. [doesn,t matter about age].Common sence to leave all native sites and relics where they lie.Historical sites under national and state laws no go.Theres thousands of old sites to research on and you never know what you will find.Most of the most famous treasure legends of the past are nothing but ghost stories.Theres plenty of links to national and state records and the first place i recommend you do is go to the local libriary and have a talk to them.Happy hunting

tinpan Vic Australia

OP
OP
mercinarie

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Im in perth WA at the moment but i dont mind travelling where ever to go searching. ill take your advice and go to a library and do some reasearch. do u know any websites cause i been looking but cant find any.

OP
OP
mercinarie

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for those sites they are exactally what i am looking for to start my treasure hunting "career" if anybody has anymore sites like that just post em

thanks.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if your interested in using a detector for the finding of nuggets, gold jewelry at the beaches or coins in the dirt. For learning the beaches for hunting with a detector, I recommend thegoldenolde.com/

Sandman

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, Merc. I think we talked in chat.

You remember Nana's and my advice to you, don't you? ;)

Go to the library! Don't forget your thick glasses, pocket protector, tightly cinched belt........and you'll score those old atlases! ;D ;D

OP
OP
mercinarie

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
thick glasses, over my dead body, what the hell is a pocket protector, and i dont own any belts.

but im gonna do some beach detecting as soon as a i can get my hands on a metal detector.

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
You don't own a belt?

If your lucky enough to be near a busy beach you'll be laughing all the way to the bank. If not I suggest parks-nice source of dosh.

Have fun mate,
Salvager from Queensland

OP
OP
mercinarie

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other