The Perfect Camper/Tent for the Treasure/Gold Prospector or outdoor Enthusiasts.

Brittanicus

Jun 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
504.JPG For years I worked on passenger ships and have detected all around the world. Started my own Historical map company, sold it but still have over 32-36 thousands state, country, township and range, railroad, civil war and a whole host more. The majority all in color. Found gold in the Mojave Desert in California. Hunted in Puerto Rico, the Carribean and england where I was born. Located old medieval and Roman coins along the River Thames foreshore. Had numerous metal detectors including a Garrett and whites. I wrote thirteen Historical map books that are now out of print, which illustrated the lastest USGS map that you could compare next to a earliest topo map ever printed. My User name was Casca, but I was unable to remember my password and i believe my old Email address is obsolute. But I have been a long time member of this forum, many years ago.

Family outings can be fun, but any vacation these days whether on a weekend trip or two weeks can be decidedly expensive. I have always been the outdoor type and although I have had the same job for over a decade I really don’t have the money for motel rooms. For over 30 years, I have been an avid gold prospector, so I needed some form of reasonably priced tent for at least three people. I am a bit nervous of laying on a ground sheet, so preferable the back of my truck where I could sleep. Anyway, nothing I saw publicized worked out for me, especially for my wife and 2 kids. Then I saw this big truck pass me with this unusual tent attached to the bed. It was near Los Angeles airport, so I pulled alongside and caught the driver’s attention. After stopping near the terminal, he gave me a tour of this (I guess) soft shell camper. It was absolutely perfect for my needs and found the cost was just less than $500.

This camper shape is over 6 foot tall and tons of room inside to move around, and to keep equipment as metal detectors dry. There is ample ventilation, including windows and the Inventor gave me a quick ride around. It took me less than 30 minutes to assemble the camper on the back of my truck, and I have already used it for gold prospecting and even taking my son fishing. What really compensated me for the camper was it costs nothing in gas to drive it anywhere. I recommend this camper/ tent to any outdoorsman or women who spend a lot of time, in the desert or the rough back roads of America. It’s a great money saver and every treasure hunter should check it out at US Truck Tent website. There are also great pictures, a video and even testimonials on Flickr: ustrucktent's Photostream website. I couldn’t have purchased anything better, for any enthusiast, at a reasonable price for any kind of outdoorsman.A descriptive Video is also available on U-Tube at . I even use the camper for work.

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the tent mountain lion proof?

Interesting user name. I have been on here a couple of years and was surprised Casca was available.

Many apologies for taking it.

Welcome back. I live in the SW and do Spanish stuff mostly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions