Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool I guess but I don't really get it. I'm one of the few people left I guess that can actually find my *ss with both hands and don't need some computer or phone thing to remind me what I need for camping. However, I could have misunderstood that whole thing and if so apologize. On the other hand, you probably posted a good thing for the majority of the population that cannot function without a celphone and 'apps' to manage their imagined important lives. Do they have one of these 'app' things that can start a fire? Now that would be a helpful thing.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool I guess but I don't really get it. I'm one of the few people left I guess that can actually find my *ss with both hands and don't need some computer or phone thing to remind me what I need for camping. However, I could have misunderstood that whole thing and if so apologize. On the other hand, you probably posted a good thing for the majority of the population that cannot function without a celphone and 'apps' to manage their imagined important lives. Do they have one of these 'app' things that can start a fire? Now that would be a helpful thing.
I don't need all those app's either....... I do have a cell phone but all i use it for is to call out or receive calls.......And i only use that when i am out in the tractor trailer driveing...... When the boss wants to call me or i need info...............

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Keppy. But if you threw that cel out the window and ran over it, life as you know it would probably end, or at least drastically change. The world has changed, and a great many people are pretending to enjoy the outdoors who really have no business leavin the city limits of Denver. They are all 'connected' and have various 'apps', and since they have no experience with the outdoors and not a clue as to how to survive, we want to keep them alive, and that app thing would help. There probably can't be one called 'My probability of survival here?' Punch it, result, 'p*ss poor'. There could be one that said 'You have just had a bowel movement. For sanitary purposes, wipe with your right hand. HAHA fool, use the toilet paper first! I don't know. I thought I went pretty high tech when my folks gave me a Coleman propane lantern for my 17th birthday.

OP
OP
auferret

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is....WOW! I guess it's a good thing I have a thick skin. Anyway, thanks for continuing to bump this thread back to the top. That way it may be seen by somone that can also benefit from the app.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Hey auferret, sorry we hi-jacked your thread and I'm sure none of us meant anything derogatory towards you. Having thick skin is a rare commodity here so please stick around. I am sure this app will be useful to a lot of people who are new to the outdoors. I admit I didn't really look at it too closely but from my past experiences always take extra underwear, socks and TP in waterproof containers.

Charlie

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
All I can say is....WOW! I guess it's a good thing I have a thick skin. Anyway, thanks for continuing to bump this thread back to the top. That way it may be seen by somone that can also benefit from the app.
OK...auferret...... There you are back on the top again..:occasion14:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at least that app is free for those that may need one :headbang: Unlike White Castles where you have to buy your apps, like fries, or onion rings. Are we talking about the same types of apps :icon_scratch:

Anyhoooo, I think that app is great for people with short term memory loss. I just hope they hold their thoughts until they have everything written down. Then all they'll have to worry about is where did they leave that silly phone :laughing7:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, auferret, no offense to you. I do kinda believe the world might be a better place if more folks got outdoors more often. Lots don't cause they really have no clue on how to go about it. So maybe this electrical thing will help some of those folks, and I think that's a good deal. Course, I spect this will result in even more Texans wanderin into my camp sayin 'Is it always this cold here in July?' Good info, auferret. (The answer to the question is yep, pretty much. Bonus info to give Texans is that we have determined that deer turn into elk at right about 10,192ft. altitude.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread