Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
PostExpanded-No-Reality-Shows.jpg ...................................................................................................................................................................................................Not to much to think about...... The truth about all reality TV and myself............ There is not one reality tv show that i watch now.... The one i liked best was ice road trucker ..... That show has a lot of what happens when out in a semi truck...........But they do add some to the show just to make it more interesting to watch............. So at this point i don't watch any reality show's...................... The networks are ruining our tv with all these reality shows................SO DOWN WITH THEM ALL...........

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THING IS -the old days are gone
their thinking - why pay a sitcom or drama series actor 1 million an episode
when we can do 5 full seasons of 5 reality shows for the same price
just gonna get worse

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
THING IS -the old days are gone
their thinking - why pay a sitcom or drama series actor 1 million an episode
when we can do 5 full seasons of 5 reality shows for the same price
just gonna get worse
Tha't true it's all about money........... Money the thing some on here say they don't like.........

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup:I'm with ya Keppy..................

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And more of those shows are coming. Can't think of the names right now but I've see TV ad's for at least three new shows coming this summer. Who ever said they are money makers was right. Read a short report on how much money these reality shows pull in. Shouldn't even use the word "real", there is very little real in them. However, will admit I'm hooked on Deadliest Catch. Never miss it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 651146 ...................................................................................................................................................................................................Not to much to think about...... The truth about all reality TV and myself............ There is not one reality tv show that i watch now.... The one i liked best was ice road trucker ..... That show has a lot of what happens when out in a semi truck...........But they do add some to the show just to make it more interesting to watch............. So at this point i don't watch any reality show's...................... The networks are ruining our tv with all these reality shows................SO DOWN WITH THEM ALL...........

The 2 I have been watching regularly have been the Trucker shows & Swamp People.

it is obvious if you watch Camera angels Swamp people is Fake.
in order to get all the Views you see, the Gators would need to be holding the Cameras.
and on one show one group ran out of gas. they claimed to have feared having a long wait
for help, but yet if you watched the cameras angels it was obvious the camera crew had their own boat.
nobody was alone. I'd say 90% of Swamp people is all stock footage, & interviews throughout the season
on how they are doing. also notice when they are after the "Big one" they always get at just when all chances appear lost.

Deadliest Roads ? at one point after traveling on the deadliest road, they showed a scene where they were on a 4 lane highway,
after dropping off their load & heading back.
so apparently theses deadly roads were not normal roots.
also notice most of their loads were a joke. Statues of Gods & Dinosaurs :laughing7: among other things that were obviously
just sent for play. also notice they never really got caught by head on's no matter what the conditions.
it appeared there were spotters in front, releasing trained stunt drivers in cars & buses at key times for drama.

My guess Ice Road truckers do the same.
they definitely like their stock footage of ice cracking from underneath :laughing7:
& they either have a hundred cameras on every truck, or have cameramen riding in the Bunk,
passenger seat, & along side every wheel :laughing9:

which tells me more stock Footage.

Reality ? not on tv, you have to walk down the street for reality

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And more of those shows are coming. Can't think of the names right now but I've see TV ad's for at least three new shows coming this summer. Who ever said they are money makers was right. Read a short report on how much money these reality shows pull in. Shouldn't even use the word "real", there is very little real in them. However, will admit I'm hooked on Deadliest Catch. Never miss it.

I'm a Little embarrassed to admit I watched "american Colony/Hutterites" last night.
Everyone talked like they were reading a script, that they didn't have time to rehearse ?,
are the Hutterites not like the Amish & Shun cameras ?
I loved the Killing & chopping scenes (animals of course)
& I fell for the personality of the young Girl who was doing everything against what they stand for.
odd even the Old timers had cell Phones, all the girls were on lap tops & My space :laughing7:
and preaching against being like the english.

Is this thing phoney also ?
probably yes :laughing9:

John Silvered

Apr 18, 2012
Arrrrgh.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the storage wars.

You can absolutely predict when they are about to discover something "great."

"Oh this locker is the worst ever...we are going to lose money on this junk...wait! What is this? A 12 thousand dollar vase in a garbage bag! Score!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the storage wars.

You can absolutely predict when they are about to discover something "great."

"Oh this locker is the worst ever...we are going to lose money on this junk...wait! What is this? A 12 thousand dollar vase in a garbage bag! Score!

Yes and they take it to a pawn shop & get retail for it :laughing7:

I have yet to go to a pawn shop & Tell them what I want & get it.
in most cases your lucky to get a 3rd. of it's value.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you guys noticed most of the "Treasure's" found in the storage lockers is in the bottom of a box wrapped in bubble wrap? Yep, sounds real to me.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My guess Ice Road truckers do the same.
they definitely like their stock footage of ice cracking from underneath :laughing7:
& they either have a hundred cameras on every truck, or have cameramen riding in the Bunk,
passenger seat, & along side every wheel :laughing9:

which tells me more stock Footage.

Reality ? not on tv, you have to walk down the street for reality
Yes with ice road truckers they say if they break down they would freeze to death.............. But they have all the camera men with them so they are safe...............And like you said they keep showing the ice cracking ...... But they will not let them drive on the ice untill some one checks it .......... They check how many inches the ice is frozen if is froze thick enought they let them drive on it............ And if not they will not let them drive on the ice.................... So they are pretty safe out there on the ice........ I would say that the drivers that are not on the tv show.......................Would have a dangerous job....... No camera crew and out there alone......................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread