Anyone had any luck with the Fisher 1266x?

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using one for about 6 months now. It definitely goes deep, sometimes deeper than I care to dig on these hot days!:laughing7: Only thing I don't like is that it seems to LOVE iron. It tends to drive me a little crazy at some of the older homeplaces I hunt, but they are really littered with nails, horseshoes, etc. It's great in yards, parks, etc. You should be able to find some pretty deep coins with it. Looking forward to seeing what you find.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really awesome detector. You hear alot of chatter but sounds better on a deep coin than anything I have ever used. A good deep coin sounds like a good deep coin. You will love it once you get some time with it. Would like to find another one myself. Dug my first large cent with one and I bet it was 9 or 10 inches deep.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The problems with the 1266 is a few-fold:

1. The fabled depth is "realistically" only attainable in low to no mineral areas . 2. The discrimination hits a crop"brick wall" at 5 or 6" (especially minerals!). Beyond that depth is, everything starts to sound the same.

So perhaps for dry beach sand. But beyond that, I didn't really care for it. Much too squirrelly sensitive.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
The problems with the 1266 is a few-fold:

1. The fabled depth is "realistically" only attainable in low to no mineral areas . 2. The discrimination hits a crop"brick wall" at 5 or 6" (especially minerals!). Beyond that depth is, everything starts to sound the same.

So perhaps for dry beach sand. But beyond that, I didn't really care for it. Much too squirrelly sensitive.

And I have no idea my soil type. Guess I'll just have to see how it goes.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It got replaced for the reasons Tom states. 1270 was better in my area though even that needed mods they didn't go ahead with.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya the 1266X really sucks!

I think y'all should put your 1266's up for sale so that I can get them off the market.

I wouldn't want anyone to go through the pain of using that terrible machine!

Send me a P.M. if you have this machine so that I can take it off your hands. I'll pay a fair price.

I don't want the better 1270X. There a million of them on the net for sale all the time. I just want the worse 1266X that you rarely see for sale anymore.

Thanks in advance. I'm really dedicated towards taking crappy machines off the market.

Cheers,
Dave.

Last edited:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya the 1266X really sucks!

I think y'all should put your 1266's up for sale so that I can get them off the market.

I wouldn't want anyone to go through the pain of using that terrible machine!

Send me a P.M. if you have this machine so that I can take it off your hands. I'll pay a fair price.

I don't want the better 1270X. There a million of them on the net for sale all the time. I just want the worse 1266X that you rarely see for sale anymore.

Thanks in advance. I'm really dedicated towards taking crappy machines off the market.

Cheers,
Dave.
this year marks the 25th Anniversary for my 1987 .. :metaldetector: too bad it paid for itself a dozen times because it's junk and that' a fact ..

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this year marks the 25th Anniversary for my 1987 .. :metaldetector: too bad it paid for itself a dozen times because it's junk and that' a fact ..

Been using the '66 since 1994 all the time and at least 5 people that hunt with me have put their modern detectors away and bought the old 1266X.

That's why I want to get them off the market. It's like a hybrid cancer spreading throughout the metal detecting community and I feel partly responsible for the epidemic.

I'm a Jedi master with this machine and it's my duty to buy any that are out there to save innocent detectorists from getting infected.

I've already developed an immunity, so send me a P.M. if you've got one and I'll take it off your hands.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope that it gets good depth considering it's a fixed ground balance. I wonder how it will do in mineralized soil. I guess if it doesn't perform well I can always trade or sell. The guy that traded it to me said he's owned 6 of them and this one is the hottest hitting a mini ball at 15 inches and the sensitivity wasn't maxed out. I live in Northern Michigan so we don't hunt civil war artifacts so I'd just be happy to have it hit reasonably deep on coins.

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1266 is a great little machine. Does get a little chatty once in a while, but learn how to deal with it, and you will be glad.
Check out the prices people are paying on Ebay, and you will realize that a lot of people miss it. Excellent depth.

ds
Stout Standards

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
The 1266 is a great little machine. Does get a little chatty once in a while, but learn how to deal with it, and you will be glad.
Check out the prices people are paying on Ebay, and you will realize that a lot of people miss it. Excellent depth.

ds
Stout Standards

I had a Fisher F70, I'm use to chatty detectors. Very nice page Dick, I enjoyed my visit.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
There you go Coinstriking............. Just like any top brand detector............ Some will tell you it is great and some will tell you it is not great............ My self i never had one but i had a freind that had one and he really liked it...........

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
The 1266 should be here tomorrow and I can't wait. I think I might be able to sniff out some silver and Native American copper artifacts in the woods that I hunt.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do me a favour bud.....When you start finding all that silver, make the titles of your posts like this....."Big silver found by 1266X!!!!"

I'd love to see that for a change. It seems that some with the big $$$$ machines like to always do that with the titles of their posts.

If you need any help, shoot me a P.M.

You might even need emotional support. After using Whites for my first 10 years, the day I turned on my 1266X, I was almost in tears! Too many signals and I was overwhelmed.

The microprocessor is your brain! That's why some never like this machine. Their brain can't keep up to all the information coming in, so they want something quiet and digital to do it for them.

I like those quiet, computerized machines. They leave lots of goodies for me to find with that old beast....... following in behind them!

Happy hunting!

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Do me a favour bud.....When you start finding all that silver, make the titles of your posts like this....."Big silver found by 1266X!!!!"

I'd love to see that for a change. It seems that some with the big $$$$ machines like to always do that with the titles of their posts.

If you need any help, shoot me a P.M.

You might even need emotional support. After using Whites for my first 10 years, the day I turned on my 1266X, I was almost in tears! Too many signals and I was overwhelmed.

The microprocessor is your brain! That's why some never like this machine. Their brain can't keep up to all the information coming in, so they want something quiet and digital to do it for them.

I like those quiet, computerized machines. They leave lots of goodies for me to find with that old beast....... following in behind them!

Happy hunting!

:thumbsup:

Will do, I've used very noisy detectors in the past so I should be alright. Apparently I ruffled some feathers with my posts regarding the At Pro being mediocre at best and having a terrible TID.

dodge16vrt

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a 1265x. I have yet to really use it alot. I am hoping this thing is as good as its reputation. Good luck with the 66.

cokat7

Sep 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been using my 1265x fairly consistently since this spring. I hate going through the learning curve with any new machine, but I'm glad I did with this one. So far the learning curve has gone pretty good, I'm feeling more confident with with the 65x than I do with the 3 other machines I own right now.

Thanks, Muddyhandz for tipping me off on a great machine.

Also, about the groundbalance. I am pretty sure it has automatic groundbalancing.
It is always groundbalanced perfect for any of the ground I detect in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread