looking to buy a detector what is the best one for around $1,000 or less

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Ok here we go. The debate starts again. There are hundreds of threads on T-net of which detector should I buy. Do a search. Or go to brands section many posts there that you can look at.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Ill stab at it....AtPro & garrett propointer for around $725... A rebate of $275 ....Go to youtube check out the videos on this detector!

PS...This may not be important right now but before I owned this detector I watched the weather channel as most dtectors dont like the rain.....Now I just say WTf & go because the AT Pro is waterproof....if you get serious about this hobby you will understand what Im talking about!

Last edited:

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kayden... I will agree with you on that one. I had 1 DAY OFF in 2 weeks and it sucked IF there was a chance of rain and a chance to fry a $1500 ETrac, so the AT-Pro fit the niche and I actually like using it. Is it my ETrac?... no... but it's one heck of a fun and deep machine.

Under $1000?... hmm.... how about this, and I M sure the brand-loyal-debaters will chime in under this with their choices and why... BUT!.... but, how about picking up a PRE-OWNED, but in mint condition: Etrac, V3i, F75 LTD, etc., that ring in new at about $1200-1500 and you will have one of the best out there with a better than average at finding coins, gold, and relics?!

Top of the line for a first detector?!?!... that usually gets an OUCH, but it you are a little bit of a techy, obsessive compulsive a tad, and are willing to run the machines on some of their stock programs, and willing to learn and be rewarded with a great hobby, until you learn the machine... I say DO IT!

Just my thoughts :-)

Viddy

Walleye

Greenie
May 29, 2012
Glen Allen, VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"how about picking up a PRE-OWNED, but in mint condition: F75 LTD"

That's what I got and I have not regretted it yet...

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm with ticm on this one.There a gang of great machines one can pick up in that price range.Good luck.................

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI... To sell here you must be a dealer or charter member...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread