headphones

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
tparker805 said:
i need help picking up a good pair and suggestions and reasons why thanks guys!!!

Do a search on T-Net there are hundreds of post in regards to best headphones.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering same thing......not able to find that many on here. When I did the search came up with so many threads that were not really related. Want a tough good quality pair. I know that Gray Ghost makes a set just for the woods but wonder how well they actually hold up. Hunting alot of old home sites that you have to go thru some rough stuff to get to. Some are too grown up to do much good with but lots have clear ground with lots of limbs etc that snag alot. Can't believe the old ones that came with my spectrum have never broken a wire etc but now they keep coming apart....had to glue speaker back in place a few days ago. Got a like new G2 on a trade the yesterday and want a new pair for both detectors and keep the old whites for back-up. Sun Ray, Gray Ghost, Jolly Rodgers, Killer B and the list goes on. How bout some input from those that use them.....PLEASE

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest the Sun Rays,they have excellent sound and comfortable to wear for hours at time, the negative on them is the ear pads are prone to crack after a year if you don't keep them cleaned and oiled with a leather conditioner,Goss would also be one to do some homework on .........

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I buy the phones from the same place I buy the detector. Suggest ones with a coiled cable so you don't tear the wires out over time from forgeting your head is connected to the machine via the cable. Reasons you always should use phones will include the fact that the phones by-pass the p a circuit, saving on batteries and you can hear the faint and subtle differences in the target audio signal. TTC

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
On one of my detectors I use the grey ghosts. They are comfortable.

CKaufman

Feb 3, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250 /tesoro silver sabre umax/
garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a set of gray ghost headphones last week to use with my X-Terra and I love em. I do a lot of relic hunting in some pretty remote spots and they hold up as good or better than anything else I've used. Sound quality and outside noise reduction are great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread