E-trac or a F75 LTD

spanishgold1

Mar 3, 2011
Utah
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star 2 Pro, Fisher CZ-21, Whites duel field, MineLab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking for some advice on users. I hunt old homesteads, foundations around older homes. Lots of rust, nails, and anything else you can think of.

I have a CZ-3D which I love but for iron infested areas everything is a high tone and I dig and dig.. I use a AT-Pro which I think is really great detector at separating targets if you listen and watch your screen. The only draw back is the depth. Its really great at separating targets but not the deepest detector which I need to go deeper.

I water hunt with at Fisher CZ-21, and desert hunt, park hunt with the CZ-3D. and use the AT-Pro in nail, rust infested areas where the CZ-3D drives me nuts.

So my questions, is which detector will give me better depth, and target separation and information. I love Fisher, but didnt want to get another glorified CZ-3D with buying at F75 and have the same detector, but was looking at the E-Trac and was thinking it new to what I am using.

Any advice would be appreciated. I am a big believer in having different detectors for your type of hunting and not a one detector fits all.

beerbarrel

Jun 24, 2007
Houston
Hello Spanishgold! I had the same decision when upgrading. But after reading many reviews until my brain became clogged, I settled with the ETRAC. Has been a great machine, as I hunt old homesites, as well as going down to the beach, hunting in the wet sand as well as at the surf line. Call Mike at Woodland Detectors, he is a world of knowledge and can help you make the right choice.

beerbarrel

OP
OP
spanishgold1

spanishgold1

Mar 3, 2011
Utah
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star 2 Pro, Fisher CZ-21, Whites duel field, MineLab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Other
beerbarrel said:
Hello Spanishgold! I had the same decision when upgrading. But after reading many reviews until my brain became clogged, I settled with the ETRAC. Has been a great machine, as I hunt old homesites, as well as going down to the beach, hunting in the wet sand as well as at the surf line. Call Mike at Woodland Detectors, he is a world of knowledge and can help you make the right choice.

beerbarrel

I am thinking the e- trac is the way to go as well. It's just going from four tones to a detector that sounds like it sick and the numbers they use to indicate silver will be a challenge, but I look forward to the change.... I'm going to pull the trigger and do it.... Thanks for your input.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F75 LTD is nothing like a CZ. Its also much faster in use than the Explorers (for ground coverage) and has a much better recovery speed which would really help on the sites you mention. Only thing is should you go for the Fisher or the Technetics T2 LTD ? The T2 has a wider low end discrimination so its the one for older sites with lots of ferrous around.

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why not a T2 Ltd?. It will out-do the depth on the eTrac, separate and do all the rest you want too. Don't let the $400-$500 bucks savings fool you. You will be getting a top of the line machine ? Good Auto Ground , and not nearly as much of a learning curve.......Did I mention they only weigh 3.5 lbs with/batteries, and good on battery life?

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am using an ETrac and AT Pro as back up, but got a T2 with the stock coil and a big SEF coil and tried them both and decided to stick with the ETrac. Just me tho...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread