I just saw this outside. Hm!

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a weird greenish light outside, which we often get before and after a rainstorm. Can't really describe it.

It's just been very slightly drizzly here, though- no real rain to speak of. Then the clouds started moving and the orange light came. Suddenly everything was bathed in this warm golden color. (It's a horrible cliché, that description, but oh well).

I'd been thinking of going out, perhaps to the old plantation site that's less than a half mile from here, on the other side of the river.

I stepped outside the front door and saw this:

viewfile.cfm

Guess where the other end of that rainbow is.

D'you suppose somebody's trying to give me a hint? :D

The last time we had this weird light, it got all orangey, and I shot one of my past favorite sigline pictures, in the backyard:

viewfile.cfm

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You better go and check it out.
Good luck!
Keep us posted.

OP
OP
lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, now it's dark. Dang, sure got dark quick! But I might still put on the ol' headlamp and stroll down that dirt road where the old plantation used to be. A buddy found some Bust half dimes in the road, and Spanish silver and large cents. But lotsa trash, too. Nothing there now but pine trees, like you see in the picture.

Last time I tried to hunt that road, it was dry and hardpanned- I practically needed a chisel. But I've been out there at other times when it was swampy and filled with huge puddles.

Hopefully tonight, after today's light drizzle but no real rain, the state of the road will be somewhere in between- soft enough to dig in but not too mucky.

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
For the love of GOD, go!!!!! Some messages don't get any clearer.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't go out into the green light without your aluminum foil headgear. Everyone knows what causes that, don't they? Well, because it's............(how do you whisper on a computer?)...aliens! That rainbow looking thing is actually a marker to guide their comrades to the hidden landing site. Without the headgear they will steal the DNA from your brain and clone you! Everyone knows that.....don't they? Hello....anyone there? Can't talk now, several of my neighbors didn't believe me and now they are clones. Except for old Don on the corner and he's just crazy. He always points at me and laughs with that insane giggle .He'll find out some day. He'll find out some.....wait I already said that. Is that laughter I hear? Yes, someone is laughing at me out there.....gotta' get some of that heavier foil................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Oh, was I thinking out loud again? Sorry. Nice photos, good post, hope you find that pot o' gold. ;) ;D Monty

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice picture you captured. Been a while since I've seen one come to think of it......

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
Awesome photos!!!

Was so windy here today that I think it would have blown even a rainbow away!!!
I hear 'the ligt showed me the treasure' fairly often from you yanks-worth a try ay!!

Goodluck and have fun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread