Hunting fair grounds after the fair has been in town.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally try to do some recon on the fair. I either take pictures or sketch the locations of the rides, concession stand, etc. I also watch the rides to see which ones people are more likely to lose items on. I pay attention to the wind direction and speeds during the days of the fair. I have found cash in the bushes and higher grass surrounding the fairgrounds.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
wildcat, this would only be freshly lost clad, and ....... that doesn't excite most folks. But to answer your question, I suppose underneath the ride that turns the rider upside down (thus his change falls out of his pocket).

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I joined the VFW in Halifax County, NC one year Post Number ONE..... for $15 a year. I found $128 that year on their 3 acre lot. Include the cash my hunting partners found and it becomes a chunk of change! Best $15 ever invested. TTC

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wildcat, this would only be freshly lost clad, and ....... that doesn't excite most folks. But to answer your question, I suppose underneath the ride that turns the rider upside down (thus his change falls out of his pocket).

True but usually the fair is in the same location year after year. Some have been in the same spot for over 50-60 years so there is digging to be done. I have done OK at some small local ones.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i murder the clad at our local fairgrounds, im only using a BH IV but when i get the ace 350 i should be able to find better stuff

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's the busy fairgrounds they abandoned 75 yrs ago, you want to locate. also try an learn where the old town swimming hole was. People stripped down and threw their clothes across the Bushes, laid down and smooched, in general loose change got dropped.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's the busy fairgrounds they abandoned 75 yrs ago, you want to locate. also try an learn where the old town swimming hole was. People stripped down and threw their clothes across the Bushes, laid down and smooched, in general loose change got dropped.
They did MORE than smooch under those bushes.... when I was that age, leastways! Go further under the bush for the real goodies. Hmmm, subliminal aside, Get the point?? TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread