Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey whats up my fellow treasure hunters:hello:

Not sure what this thread will bring but i was wondering if other people who detect have been

affected in a good way like me from metal detecting/treasure hunting..:dontknow:

I dont know what it is but i feel i cant think on th same level as modern day society..

Afte hunting these Colonial sites for years and seeing how they lived and how rough it was

i have gained a certain respect for our ancestors..:icon_salut:

We have definately lost our patriotism and overall respect for country and fellow man/woman..

Has metal detecting changed the way you think??

Do you find yourself pondering???

I sure do...Just a thought..

Lets hear yours..

Included is a video made by a fellow Tnet member Terry Soloman which everyone should see..
icon_thumleft.gif

Have fun out there..:hello:

Blaze

Attachments

• mingo.jpg
    mingo.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 126
  • washington-p.jpg
    washington-p.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 120
  • minutemen.jpg
    minutemen.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 127
  • independence-signing.jpg
    independence-signing.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 114
  • 800px-Battle_of_Gettysburg,_by_Currier_and_Ives.png
    800px-Battle_of_Gettysburg,_by_Currier_and_Ives.png
    302.6 KB · Views: 139
  • BH-Custer.jpg
    BH-Custer.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 197

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if it's changed my thinking really, I've pretty much always had an interest in history and old things that most would never pay attention to. I know that when I see a new strip mall being built instead of wondering what's going to open up there I tend to wonder more about what was torn down to make way for it. I can't pass by a pile of dirt on the street here without stopping to look at it.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Each and every time I pull something out of the ground that is over a hundred years old I think of the period and sometimes I feel as though I was born in the wrong century. I like to dig up old iron stuff at colonial sites just to see how things
Were

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started metal detecting at an early age and it taught me not to be concerned about what other people think. As long as I'm not breaking any laws and following our code of ethics people can gawk and stare all they want. This is one of the main things that have kept a lot of people from enjoying our hobby.

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right Tom there are people that don't MD because there scared of what others think, to me MDing is a way of life and I enjoy a lot, and I don't care what people think as long as I enjoy it, so cheers to all who likes MDing like I do! Good luck, HH aceman

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure what you Mean.
since I've been anti establishment long before I know what anti establishment was. (age 5 ish ? maybe at birth ? I may have felt slapping me at birth was child abuse, & Milk & Diapers were a government Conspiracy :laughing7: )
been detecting since 9ish (am 57)

Last edited:
OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
not sure what you Mean.
since I've been anti establishment long before I know what anti establishment was. (age 5 ish ? maybe at birth ? I may have felt slapping me at birth was child abuse, & Milk & Diapers were a government Conspiracy :laughing7: )
been detecting since 9ish (am 57)

47 years or so OMG:o

I am basically saying how easy we have it today when back at these sites i realize how hard living it was..

How men would leave there homes,fortunes and families for a cause..
Try gathering the men today like they did during the revolution:rolleyes:

I myself have gained a certain respect..

Blaze

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
47 years or so OMG:o

I am basically saying how easy we have it today when back at these sites i realize how hard living it was..

How men would leave there homes,fortunes and families for a cause..
Try gathering the men today like they did during the revolution:rolleyes:

I myself have gained a certain respect..

Blaze

I can tell you right Now. I wouldn't fight someone elses battle :icon_scratch:
especially someone who dosn't know me personally already.
and have too much respect for Human life to take even one away,
& Judgement isn't in my Life job Description.

Come to me & say "Jeff you've Known me forever,
You know I'm a good person, so & So is threatening me.
Help ? " I would if I can.

Come to me say " I'v been sticking my nose in other peoples Buisness & Now it's coming back to hunt me, So you take Care of it"

well My middle Finger comes up :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Look at the Tyranny in the government right now...:sad5:

When you try to talk to people about it they just say i dont get involved..
There is nothing i can do about it..

Thats why things are going to get much,much worse...:-\

I think Barry has special toilet paper rolls made with the constitution on them..

Blaze

Attachments

• government_solutions.jpg
    government_solutions.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 108
  • constitution-toilet-paper2.jpg
    constitution-toilet-paper2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it changed the way I think about people.... they are idiots....

example:

ME: *swinging metal detector in local park*
STRANGER: *walking by and has to come over closer to me*
STRANGER: "so what ya lookin for?"
ME: "landmines"
STRANGER: "oh? that's pretty cool. good luck, I hope you find some!"

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try gathering the men today like they did during the revolution:rolleyes: Blaze

Well the way to gather men like that today would be the same way our forefathers did, keep them inebriated :laughing7: Yup, history shows that a good majority were under the influence... Besides drunken guys always love to do foolish things :icon_thumright:

So, :occasion14: up and get the party started :laughing9:

I'll even go one step further than Jeff.... I trust almost no one.. Many times there is an underlying personal gain to be made, and one that will not benefit me. NO, I'm not greedy by a long shot, but I'm no fool either :laughing7:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think MD has changed my way of thinking, but one thing for sure, it's given me quality time with my husband! We go out as a team - he detects and I dig. Works well for us. Gets us outside, exercising and being together. Sure beats watching crap TV.

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it is the type of sites i hunt..Colonial,way out in the woods..

I come upon a site miles out,the people were forgotten and the house site never on any map abandoned
over 200 years ago..Turn on my detector and a whole forgotten story starts to take place..You cannot help but ponder..

I have all my sites in different cases to tell that story..All the finds from each site tell what kind of people lived here..I have even added to local history here in RI with one of my finds..

I did not take into consideration that alot of you guys are park/beach hunters.

The trees removed by the axe..The stump too..:-\

I actually tried this last year in my farm and let me tell you it was unbelievably hard..

Thery drank lots of beer because the water was bad and could not be trusted in the early days...

Even children and infants drank beer..

Blaze

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
johnnyblaze said:
I think it is the type of sites i hunt..Colonial,way out in the woods..

I come upon a site miles out,the people were forgotten and the house site never on any map abandoned
over 200 years ago..Turn on my detector and a whole forgotten story starts to take place..You cannot help but ponder..

I have all my sites in different cases to tell that story..All the finds from each site tell what kind of people lived here..I have even added to local history here in RI with one of my finds..

I did not take into consideration that alot of you guys are park/beach hunters.

The trees removed by the axe..The stump too..:-\

I actually tried this last year in my farm and let me tell you it was unbelievably hard..

Thery drank lots of beer because the water was bad and could not be trusted in the early days...

Even children and infants drank beer..

Blaze

When I first got into the hobby I hunted parks and schools beaches and sometimes still do but Not often. There is something about hunting a long forgotten spot and pulling something out that has not seen The light of day in a hundred years or more. It makes me think about the way things were. You just don't get that when your cladding in some park or school. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detecting hasn't changed the way I think, the way I think has led me to metal detecting/treasure/relic/junk hunting/joy of finding.

Interesting video from Terry. Patriotism should be revived!

Johnny Blaze, Ken and ticm (TICM? : ) I really agree with you-it is an immense love of history and yearning to know how/why things happened that fuels my interest.

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I can tell you right Now. I wouldn't fight someone elses battle :icon_scratch:
especially someone who dosn't know me personally already.
and have too much respect for Human life to take even one away,
& Judgement isn't in my Life job Description.

Come to me & say "Jeff you've Known me forever,
You know I'm a good person, so & So is threatening me.
Help ? " I would if I can.

Come to me say " I'v been sticking my nose in other peoples Buisness & Now it's coming back to hunt me, So you take Care of it"

well My middle Finger comes up :laughing7:

Taxation without representation is enough for me..

You basically answered my questions for me Jeffey Boy......

What the current tyrants are showing is that they can do what ever they want..Therefore evey admin after that will do the same thing..Its all over for America
Blaze

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Viddy, the more I swing, the more I think people are idiots.

27 years of really dumb questions, people staring like I'm an exhibit at the zoo, the greed and jealously when it comes to their property or property they think is theirs, seeing dog owners let their beasts run everywhere off leash, taking craps on sports fields and not cleaning it up, seeing punks smash public property, people going to nice parks and driving around in circles, showing off their piece of sh*t vehicles, playing loud crappy music and yelling obscenities out the window at detectorists, seeing almost all the green spaces outside the city gobbled up by development and city folks moving out to the country bringing their "city vibe" with them, *****ing and complaining about everything thing, calling the cops on a whim, and the list goes on.......

Relic hunting out in the bush is like heaven!:headbang:

Yes, I would love to go back in time and live that way. I don't care for the way the North America is heading........Sheep being led to the slaughterhouse!

Y'all can promote the hobby until your hearts content, return every ring and get new people interested. I have my morals but really, I just want to be left alone. Most of the people I encounter while detecting are nothing but a nuisance.:BangHead:

I don't buy the theory of talking to everyone gives you leads to more sites. I've done that for years and all it lead to was wild goose chases and a waste of precious detecting time, entertaining people's dumb questions, listening to their opinions that I could give a rat's azz about, and wondering if I was in front of their boulevard would they be yelling out their door at me, calling the cops!
I have no problem finding places to hunt and only need to be nice if I'm knocking at their door looking for permission. Otherwise they can kiss my........

If there was a "thumbs down" option on this forum, I wonder how many I would get?:laughing7:

Cheers,
Dave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread