Teknetics G2 readings

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a steal on a G2. The previous owner tried to use it one time and got discouraged. He got in a tight and let her go. Can't believe how hard it hits on Gold Jewelry. I know that it is basically a gold detector, but the numerical readings are WAY different than my Whites Spectrum. An average size mans wedding ring is in the high 60's. That is about the same place a copper penny hits. Even a small ring goes into the 50's. Love the fisher sound. It is not just 2 tones as I expected but a penny sounds different than say a quarter and so on. It does have the high and low tone but alot of variance in the 2 tones. Big iron really " grunts ". Have only a couple of hours on it so far and alot to learn. Even though it is notorius for hunting in iron trash I am still diggeing the rusty lids etc. Trying to dig most signals until I get used to it. The weight and ergonomics are great. Gonna pick up an F75 soon so gonna let my daughter use the G2 and keep it as back up. Really seems like it is going to be a neat little machine. It is super simple as well.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tape over that display.... learn what certain targets SOUND like. The sound is everything. The display is ...... just one of the bells and whistles. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread