Im bout ready to call it quits.

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that ! Atleast your getting your detector back!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear he didnt give you any problem...sucks about the shipping, but could have been worse. It cost him too, so he must have thought it was working properly. Maybe he knows nothing about tectors.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds like the coil where it connects at the plug. It's happened a few times to me over the years and now I duct tape it thick at the connection.

He may have bent the wire stuffing it in the box. Tell him to send another coil if he has one (you said he had 6 of those machines at one time.)

Otherwise it's $100+ for a new coil.

If Canada Post weren't such crooks, I'd send you a coil to try out but that would cost me what it costs you to ship the whole machine!

That sucks man!

I hope it works out for you.

Cheers,
Dave.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with muddyhanz,It's the coil for sure .A couple years back I bought an excellerator coil for my DFX and it worked fine for a year,then one day,turned on and It went crazy.
One of my MD buddys said check the coil so I put my old coil back and it worked fine end of story.Good luck with it.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with muddyhanz,It's the coil for sure .A couple years back I bought an excellerator coil for my DFX and it worked fine for a year,then one day,turned on and It went crazy.
One of my MD buddys said check the coil so I put my old coil back and it worked fine end of story.Good luck with it.

Would that cause the PP trigger not to work though?

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disconnected the coil from my 1266X and turned it on and it made the same chatter noise like yours. When I used the pinpoint toggle, it went completely quiet.

badger

Mar 7, 2012
Divide, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sir, I also learned the hard way. Tesoro's all carry a full lifetime warranty. None of the others even comes close. get a Tesoro....

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a loose wire or loop problem in the coil. I had a super 12 for my DFX that overloaded and chattered. I got it for free, so on a whim I banged it up against a wall a few times.

Worked like a champ ever since.

Maybe I'll try that with my kids next time they are acting up.

(Only kidding...I would never do that to a tree...only kidding...I hate trees)

NJ

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I'll try that with my kids next time they are acting up.

(Only kidding...I would never do that to a tree...only kidding...I hate trees)

NJ
Now dats funny right there.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The SO will probably tell you it's a civil matter, Coinstriking Michigan (state laws vary, as does motivation in police agencies) But talk to them anyway, as they might have other interests in the guy. Have you had any contact with the seller yet? IF he's aboveboard, at the very least he might tell you what's wrong with the machine or give you your money back. I'd prefer to just get my money back and be done with it. Best of luck to you.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's screwed up, worse part is you'll miss out on the chance to own one mighty relic findin' beast . I had the same problem 12 years ago I ran the coil over a buried high voltage cable and fried components in the circuit board . Fisher fixed it for 60.00 and had it back to NJ in less than two weeks .. but that was years ago .. still works better than other detectors I tried out .. i do like the Whites DFX machine

dawg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
The gentleman is mailing my detector back to me when it arrives. He told me that the 1266 worked fine when he sent it out. I wish it worked as I really wanted to try it out in some of my hunted out spots. Cosmetically it's in nice shape and I bet it's deep too.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Coinstriking too bad about the bum deal it happens all the time. I dont know how fat your wallet is, but if I were you, I would get a F70, it is exactly what you want. Save some money and buy a used one, check stock for used units from you favorite dealers. I know what it is like to be a fisher fanatic. You will be much happier with a F70, it is a lot better than the older fisher units, even the coinstrike which is not a really good fisher machine.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinstriking too bad about the bum deal it happens all the time. I dont know how fat your wallet is, but if I were you, I would get a F70, it is exactly what you want. Save some money and buy a used one, check stock for used units from you favorite dealers. I know what it is like to be a fisher fanatic. You will be much happier with a F70, it is a lot better than the older fisher units, even the coinstrike which is not a really good fisher machine.

Since I'm still using old fisher's with great success, it is logical for me to ask how much experience did you have with the old fisher's to be able to make such a concrete statement?
Please also tell me why I would be much happier using the F70 besides the fact that it's a "top of the line" detector.
Thanks.

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll bet it is just an easy fix, and you don't have the expertise to fix it. Just because the box isn't damaged doesn't mean it didn't work when shipped, and now it's knocked out of calibration or something. I have bought and sold dozens of electronic devices, it happens very easily. But I have never had the sender cheat me. You are buying an old cheap piece of electronics through the mail, you should know you are taking a bit of risk when you purchase it. Caveat Emptor. You should have done the proper thing and immediately filed an insurance claim 1 hour after you opened it. If it was shipped UPS there is a good chance it did get damaged en route.. Fed Ex is MUCH better with sensitive electronics. So before you even know who's fault this is, or why it doesn't work, you ought to go easy on accusing people if you aren't sure they are guilty of ripping you off..........Use your insurance , that's what it's for. Otherwise , just right it off as a loss, PS, You will never be able to prove fraud to a Sheriff, save the grief, move on.

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes if the coil is shorted the pp will not work properly since it is tied to the coil activation it happened to my ace 250 i turned it on and it just kept on making noise if i pushed the pp it was still making noise even if i waved metal under the coil. He probably turned it on and waved a coin and it made noise so he thought it worked.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Since I'm still using old fisher's with great success, it is logical for me to ask how much experience did you have with the old fisher's to be able to make such a concrete statement?
Please also tell me why I would be much happier using the F70 besides the fact that it's a "top of the line" detector.
Thanks.

My point is just an opinion. In my opinion, the f70 is better than the older machines. Everything about it is better. Better technology, ligher, faster, better coil design, better processing, deeper, on and on. I wish I had one. Too expensive for me though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread