Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I'm bout ready to call it quits.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting

I'm bout ready to call it quits.

So as I posted the other day, I traded my nice Coinstrike for a Fisher 1266. I was informed that it was nice nice shape and in perfect working order. Well I got it today and it doesn't work. It beeps non stop when I turn it on, it won't pick up a silver coin that's waved over the coil and the pinpoint trigger doesn't work. I am waiting for a response from the guy and then I'm going to call his local sherrifs office. Any ideas what could be wrong? I took a video of the issues.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    How would you guys handle this?

us
    Jun 2012
    Evensville, Tennessee
    Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
    1076 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I would contact him first to see what he has to say. Very unlikely that he didn't know that it was sick but it is possible. Give him a chance to return or make right and if no luck go after his A.$.$

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    He said it was working just fine, the package wasn't damaged at all and it was packaged very well with tons of bubble wrap....Grrrrrr....I feel like ripping someone's head off.

us
    Feb 2012
    CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
    568 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    My best idea is fisher products I believe are lifetime warented but not sure.Also the detector sound like its overloaded.My whites DFX has done that couple of times go crazy.
    With the DFX you turn on machine and when its going crazy you take out the battery while its running,sets it back to factory setting.Good luck with it leprechaun.

us
    May 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Bounty Hunter
    29 times
    I know this may sound stupid, but maybe the external speaker is messed up. What does it do if you plug headphones into it?

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    I don't use headphones, or even own any for that matter. That still wouldn't explain the detector not sounding off over a silver coin or the pp trigger not working...thanks though

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2012
    NJ
    Whites
    656 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Sounds like the pinpoint trigger is on all metal or broke.Happened with my dfx

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    I'm just getting madder and madder...

us
    Mar 2011
    Chandler Tx
    White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
    43 times
    Metal Detecting
    I imagine you have probably fiddled with everything to get it to cut the chatter out. I could be wrong... but I thought I heard it hit on your dime... but in the real world you couldnt pick that out with the chatter.

Have you messed with the coil cable any to see if theres a short? Undo the connection and turn it on? A lot of detectors will just blare a single tone without the coil plugged in. Might give you an idea if its on the coil side or the circuit side.
    If you ever hit the big one detecting....follow the 3S rule. Shoot. Shovel and Shut up.

us
    Aug 2009
    Sacramento Cailifonia
    V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
    257 times
    give the guy a chance to do the right thing before you open up that can of whup @ss on him, if no response .........open season!!!!!
    worldtalker likes this.

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    I've tried everything, I've unscrewed the coil cable at least 10 times...I think it's just a plain ol defective unit.

us
    Jun 2012
    25 times
    Metal Detecting
    Have you tried a hard start as leprechaun suggested?.........Good luck....................................

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Have you tried a hard start as leprechaun suggested?.........Good luck....................................
    Yes I did, quite a few times.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors