Im bout ready to call it quits.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm bout ready to call it quits.

So as I posted the other day, I traded my nice Coinstrike for a Fisher 1266. I was informed that it was nice nice shape and in perfect working order. Well I got it today and it doesn't work. It beeps non stop when I turn it on, it won't pick up a silver coin that's waved over the coil and the pinpoint trigger doesn't work. I am waiting for a response from the guy and then I'm going to call his local sherrifs office. Any ideas what could be wrong? I took a video of the issues.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
How would you guys handle this?

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would contact him first to see what he has to say. Very unlikely that he didn't know that it was sick but it is possible. Give him a chance to return or make right and if no luck go after his A.$.$

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
He said it was working just fine, the package wasn't damaged at all and it was packaged very well with tons of bubble wrap....Grrrrrr....I feel like ripping someone's head off.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best idea is fisher products I believe are lifetime warented but not sure.Also the detector sound like its overloaded.My whites DFX has done that couple of times go crazy.
With the DFX you turn on machine and when its going crazy you take out the battery while its running,sets it back to factory setting.Good luck with it leprechaun.

DeerStalker

May 11, 2012
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this may sound stupid, but maybe the external speaker is messed up. What does it do if you plug headphones into it?

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't use headphones, or even own any for that matter. That still wouldn't explain the detector not sounding off over a silver coin or the pp trigger not working...thanks though

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like the pinpoint trigger is on all metal or broke.Happened with my dfx

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm just getting madder and madder...

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I imagine you have probably fiddled with everything to get it to cut the chatter out. I could be wrong... but I thought I heard it hit on your dime... but in the real world you couldnt pick that out with the chatter.

Have you messed with the coil cable any to see if theres a short? Undo the connection and turn it on? A lot of detectors will just blare a single tone without the coil plugged in. Might give you an idea if its on the coil side or the circuit side.

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
give the guy a chance to do the right thing before you open up that can of whup @ss on him, if no response .........open season!!!!!

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I've tried everything, I've unscrewed the coil cable at least 10 times...I think it's just a plain ol defective unit.

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you tried a hard start as leprechaun suggested?.........Good luck....................................

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you tried a hard start as leprechaun suggested?.........Good luck....................................

Yes I did, quite a few times.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It kind of sounds like you may be getting electrical interference from something either underground or overhead. Try using it at a different location.
Good luck man. I know your frustration.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a broken fisher gold bug a friend wanted me to look at ...i called the service at fisher there was no life time warranty and it would cost me to fix it ...not worth the 100-150 it would cost to bring it back to life so its back in a closet some where...since there was a purchase on a credit card you have no options to dispute it i dont think theres anything legally you can do

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a broken fisher gold bug a friend wanted me to look at ...i called the service at fisher there was no life time warranty and it would cost me to fix it ...not worth the 100-150 it would cost to bring it back to life so its back in a closet some where...since there was a purchase on a credit card you have no options to dispute it i dont think theres anything legally you can do

Of course there is something I can do, contact his local sheriffs office and tell them I was defrauded.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread