BUTTONS!

shellychel

Jul 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my best friends moved to San Francisco a few years ago. But a couple weeks ago she came to visit and brought me treasures! I make jewelry/apparel for a living so I'm always on the hunt for buttons, clasps, etc to use in my designs. She said there is a store there where you can buy buttons by the scoop at random. After looking through them, there are two I find pretty interesting. One is a somewhat large (approximately 21mm) pewter (at least that's my best guess) button. Its not ornate or detailed, however the fact that it appears to be misshapen and the holes are so far apart makes me wonder if anyone has any info on similar buttons? The second is what appears to be brass and says ""EQUIPMENTS MILITAIRES" and is approximately 15mm. I have done some research on this one. However the buttons I have found when looking are very similar to this one, but none exactly the same. For starters, my button is misspelled. "Equipments" should be "Equipements", and instead of the star that the ones I've seen have, mine has 2 triangles and a circle. Now this leads me to believe it's a fake, however since the real buttons don't seem to have much value I'm just not sure why anyone would have made fakes. So in summary, tell me anything and everything you know about these buttons! Picture time!

These are the buttons in question:
ftj9ua.jpg

rk98pz.jpg

These are some other buttons I found to be unique-ish:
dqg3dt.jpg

And these are just for the hell of it:
30wnvwm.jpg

Daddy and baby pewters. lol

2l917b5.jpg

Some of my faves of the bunch.

2s8gznl.jpg

The whole lot. Not bad for 50cents!