cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum.

Everything you said is common, finding junk and hard ground.

Find a kids play ground with sand or wood chips for easier digging and hopefully some money and rings.

Pray for rain, to soften up the ground.

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same finds nothing but trash it took me 6months to find my first silver i hunted parks early in the morning after they been watered . Maybe try that

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im new as well, only about 6-7 weeks into detecting. I had a bounty hunter IV and upgraded to a garrett ace 350, but with my bounty hunter ive found about $40.00 in modern coins, about 5-600 coins total. Ive been fortunate to have access to our county fairgrounds because my brother is the treasurer for the fair. The hard ground is a pain in the butt but like they said above, we need rain. High heat and humidity doesnt help either. What machine are you using? where are u hunting? try to hunt open grass areas by parks, old trees are nice but u get the roots that go with it and that makes for not so fun digging. I know not everyone can afford to, but if ur using a low grade detector maybe upgrade? my ace was only 300 and i love it. it seperates out the junk pretty well and gives me good depth. 3 of my first 5 hunts with it yielded silver. Hang in there and Happy Hunting.....

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
buckets1720 said:
I'm new to MD and have had my device for about six days so far taken it out a ton but I haven't found a single item worth interest its all garbage is this common? Also I in some of the spots I'm digging the dirt is very hard and tips?

Sounds like you need research and rain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread