Another which detector post.

blakeifitz

Greenie
Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok i have been looking at them for a couple weeks and was pretty much decided on the tesoro silver umax, until i saw it had no ground balance. sp obviously my next choice was the vaquero, but not sure if i can afford it. So my question is if i should just go with a another metal detector that has ground balance and is closer to my price range and not get tesoro simplicity and quality? or is the ground balance not going to affect it very much? btw i live in central ohio and will do most detecting there. (unless somehow i can get a really good deal on a used vaquero :laughing7: if anyone is willing to sell ;)) thanks -Blake

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Blake acman here, don't under estimate the silver umax it's a great machine it may be fixed but I never had any problems with mine over the years getting down there to the goodies, a 10+12 concentric coil make it a depth demon!!! Check out the reviews but I bet you have already have , they speak for themselves HH Tim

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll be just fine in Ohio with the Umax! Happy Hunting!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't used the silver, use to own the conquistador, silver has a real good rep, and praised by its owners.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use the older Silver Sabre and it was a great detector. I have heard alot of good about the silver umax. I personally believe unless you drop some pretty big bucks you are going to be hard pressed to outperform the little tesoro.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go secondhand to get a Tesoro with G.B. There's always sites that need the correct ground balance and if your going to buy any extra coils in the future then to get the best out of them you either need G.B. to match coil to detector or you can have a small modification that allows you to switch between the best settings for different coils. In Europe there's lots of modifications along these lines you can have done to Tesoros to make them better or just easier to use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions