facebook.com/MetalDetectingChicagoArea

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are other MD groups on Facebook, such as Merrimack Valley Metal Detecting Group. I belong to this group. It is mostly locals who use the FB page to set up hunts and post finds. Many of us belong TNet, as well as other forums in the NE area. I look at FB groups as just another way to stay in touch. JMHO.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
AC1955 said:
There are other MD groups on Facebook, such as Merrimack Valley Metal Detecting Group. I belong to this group. It is mostly locals who use the FB page to set up hunts and post finds. Many of us belong TNet, as well as other forums in the NE area. I look at FB groups as just another way to stay in touch. JMHO.[/QUOT

I always wondered who I would stay in touch with if I joined Facebook. I just don't get the whole thing. To me it's kinda sad to call people friends you never met or really know anything about them.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, but sometimes the "strangers" you meet through groups, become friends. Hasn't this happened to you on TNet? Facebook is a similar concept. I am older (late 50's) and I still use my telephone (the one that's plugged into the wall...not a cell phone) to stay in touch with family and friends. Old fashioned that way. FB is just another tool to stay in touch. I never post anything super personal as you never know who's gonna read it. TICM, try it, you may just like it!

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
AC1955 said:
True, but sometimes the "strangers" you meet through groups, become friends. Hasn't this happened to you on TNet? Facebook is a similar concept. I am older (late 50's) and I still use my telephone (the one that's plugged into the wall...not a cell phone) to stay in touch with family and friends. Old fashioned that way. FB is just another tool to stay in touch. I never post anything super personal as you never know who's gonna read it. TICM, try it, you may just like it!

I did try it I got all kinds of people i did not know wanting to friend me as its know there. I kinda thought it was creepy. I could see its use if you have family a long way from home I guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions