MISSFILED RESEARCH-NEAR TIPTON IOWA ****

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
GOING THROUGH MY MH files and ran into this treasure tale I missfiled years ago. It is called the Ivers Bros. missing cache. It sounds like a good one so I am going to through it out for those near Tipton.
The last of the 3 Ivesr bros. passed in 1936. He had cached his money in various places on his farm. Some was found in iron boxes in a shed. That was in the form of gold coins securities and currency. The currency was in the form of the old style, larger gold & silver bills. It was known that they made plenty of money after the newer smaller bills were in circulation, but none was ever found. A total of about $234K was found, but the estate was valued at over $350K.

OK get out that detector, here are the directions. Take I80 East from Iowa City about 25mi untill you come to Iowa state highway 38. Turn North on SR38 and the town of Tipton is about 10 miles from the junction. It is only a few minutes past the small town of Mt Vernon. Good luck to you guys in Iowa. Hay, just send me a small donation. lol hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread