Weird but true...

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So today I'm driving at lunch time to a park to get in some detecting. The small city park I went to was all set up to have a human cannonball fired across the park into a net. I did not stay to watch but it has to be the weirdest reason I skipped a site when going out to detect.

So what is the weirdest thing that has kept you from a site? (wife or husband answers will not be accepted)

Enjoy and happy hunting.

NJ

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine was not too long ago its not that weird but ems and firefighters were doing field training which in itself isnt to bad I just moved to the other side but then helicopters started landing 20 feet from me so I was like yep time to go

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
sonofadigger said:
ahhhh gotta love the hood:nono:

When I think about it I should have stayed. With all the police it would have been more safe. LOL

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haha...got to love the hood. I did have two people get arrested about 30 feet behind me once. Not sure what for but I did keep hunting.

Today I was asked for train money which is a very common request in the hood I hunt. That or bus fare.

NJ

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess the couple I noticed under the blanket could have been wrestling, but I decided to head to another spot.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if that's the fool from Americas Got Talent, getting ready for his next stunt. If I'm not mistaken his episode airs tonight according to Howard Stern.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably not weird and to be expected, but the U.S. Army at Ft. Sill. Continuously. I don't even challenge them anymore. They got bigger guns and grenades.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I'm driving at lunch time to a park to get in some detecting. The small city park I went to was all set up to have a human cannonball fired across the park into a net. I did not stay to watch but it has to be the weirdest reason I skipped a site when going out to detect.

So what is the weirdest thing that has kept you from a site? (wife or husband answers will not be accepted)

Enjoy and happy hunting.

NJ
You should have hung around...he might have lost something while he was flying through the air. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread