HOWS THE RELIC HUNTING IN NORTHERN MAINE????

calmerthanu

Jul 2, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon / minelab x-terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I love Northern Maine but bear in mind it's a VERY sparsely populated/trafficked place.
An old home site is an old home site, an old park is an old park wherever you go but remote places usually are pretty bad places to go 'randomdetecting'. That said, it's all dumb luck. You say this and somebody goes out and finds the old general storekeepers cache of gold coins in a town with 200 people.
There's no telling.

OP
OP
calmerthanu

calmerthanu

Jul 2, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon / minelab x-terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the town im goin to be in still has numerous homes from the 1800s and early 1900s, so hopefully it pans out, and dumb luck is a specialty of mine haha

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Remember that Europeans could have been in Maine, inland and off the coast, from not long after 1000-1100 A.D. You could find anything where you are going, anything. Where I live in Texas, Europeans have only been in the Southwest since 1542 and in the San Antonio area since about 1690 or so and people(not me, but real TH'ers) routinely find Spanish artifacts. Native American stuff dating back thousands of years is quite common. You have a sparse hardly hunted place to play in where you will surely make some great finds. Big or little, have fun and good luck...

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love northern Maine...and by northern, I mean the Ft. Kent area. Have not detected up there, but good luck to you.

Lots of potato fields up there which are currently in use for planting.

One last thing....BEWARE of MOOSE!!!! They are huge animals that are active at dawn and dusk especially. A grown moose can weigh over 1,000 pounds and a car hitting one is not pretty. Many people are killed in moose collisions every year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread