Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had all these pennies from this years digs stored in red solo cups stacked in my closet... finally decided to take them in so I dumped them all into a tin... holy cow have I dug a ton of pennies!!!! Each cent represents a few minutes of time and a squat. Thats like 10,000 squats! The pictures don't really do this justice.

Attachments

• Pennies2.JPG
    Pennies2.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Pennies.JPG
    Pennies.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 118

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you have a beer to take the edge off. My last cash in was around 35 dollars, but only because I accidentally broke my clad jar. Usually it gets to be a bit ridiculous.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you don't have to roll em anymore? I have 2 Hunkey Dorey containers full...this is the popcorn treat not the other. :laughing7:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...the tin you have them in is a Boy Scout/Trails End popcorn tin. If I'm not mistaken, the tins are larger (and sturdier) than a 1 pound coffee can. Are you going to cash in the pennies or just keep saving them? I collect mine in a 5 gallon water jug. Only about 1 inch deep right now, so I have a long way to go to fill that jug. Great hunting to get that many pennies. HH...

Anita

OP
OP
Gimmie The Loot

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it is a BS (Boy Scout) popcorn tin and a pretty solid one like you said. I'll probably cash them in now since they are taking up space and I am trying to de-clutter my apartment. I thought about selling them for copper value but don't know anyone buying and if I have to ship them it defeats the purpose.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions