Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Any writer's in the house? Crazy story

I am finally comfortable to speak on my story, when i was 13 i was kidnapped and taken to Cuba (yes this actually happened). I don't want to share any other details but have been wondering what can i do ? Should i write it myself? E-book or publishing? I could have gone to the news but their is so much more information i didn't want public, thinking about it i should have done it. Could have had a movie deal already...

downNthedirt

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've just gotten into MD'n and dig the Treasurenet site but this post got me to join. :)

I love an interesting story. Wish I was writer so I could hear more. I read enough books maybe I could write one.....

OP
OP
J

jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
I've just gotten into MD'n and dig the Treasurenet site but this post got me to join. :)

I love an interesting story. Wish I was writer so I could hear more. I read enough books maybe I could write one.....

Hey! Well welcome to the forum man, theirs a great group of people here especially in the Beach and Shallow Water (we rock) :P Some really outstanding members are loraine, smoogle and craig pi whos kinda a celebrity (gets mentioned in books by another really popular MDR) I can answer questions if you have any.

Yea i don't really want to share on public what happened, to the people i have told in the past they are all blown away by the magnitude of how everything happened. It literally is something out of a horror movie, i look at it now as my story. My thing that seperates me from anyone else, a story that generally cant be beat by its craziness involved. Its also something that can make someone a lot of money, everyone i have ever told says i should write a book or make a movie. I dont boast or brag but when i received enough feedback i started viewing it as an option and now im following through with it that i feel comfortable with it.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
jesse09 said:
I am finally comfortable to speak on my story, when i was 13 i was kidnapped and taken to Cuba (yes this actually happened). I don't want to share any other details but have been wondering what can i do ? Should i write it myself? E-book or publishing? I could have gone to the news but their is so much more information i didn't want public, thinking about it i should have done it. Could have had a movie deal already...

Nothing like a good Cuban cigar.

OP
OP
J

jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
Cuban cigars are cheap their is nothing special about them i have seen how their made and where.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wish I could get kidnapped and taken to Cuba. I'd watch the ladies at the Partagas factory roll that fantastic Vuelta Abajo tobacco on their thighs, date every 4'10" latina between the ages of 18-80 or maybe just 18-19, drink mojitos every night and Hatuay beer every day, get a good seat for the Miami National Celebration(Castro's funeral), maybe invite ticm over at Christmas for a good cigar and a Ho, Ho, Ho, and live happily ever after. Ah, the dream, ah, the fantasy.

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to a book publisher and see what they think, they know dozens of writers and can tell you if you have a story worth publishing. Good Luck.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Why would you want to tell a story about something that you dont want to share any details about? Oh, I get it, I must apologize, this is general discussion in the treasure forum.....I see, again, I apologize. Crystal clear now. You don't want to reveal anything about your story, which involves treasure of course. I see it all now, treasure forum, story, treasure story. Treasure story not gonna happen. Congratulations, you have learned rule #1 of treasure, which is: Never Tell Anything About Your Treasure, Found, or Otherwise, To ANYONE, EVER.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

were others kidnapped too

theonlinefisherman

Aug 10, 2012
West Central Florida
Detector(s) used
I am a digger of stone, bone, coral, and shell.
I publish an online magazine called TheOnlineFisherman.com, wrote the second title for Adobe (Workflow Reengineering) and have written now (I think) 42 commercial titles. All but three made money. I currently carry a few different press cards, the most active being the Florida Outdoor Writers Association.

Making money on your first book is very, very unlikely. If you want to make money at your story, regardless of how exciting, unique, or telling it might seem, think again. There are the Rollings and Steven Kings out there, but man, are they rare. I do not want to say never, but I will say rarely. And it takes time. A professional will not write your story as well as you could, although a good one can help you write it yourself. You seem to speak well enough to do a decent job with Dragon Dictation and a decent editor (MUCH cheaper than a pro writer). The big houses (we wrote for Prentice Hall, Pearson Ed, Adobe, Sams, McMillan, Houghlin, and all the big guys) actually employ people who throw out 90% of the manuscripts they receive. They do not read them, mind you. They flash through four or five pages, and toss them. Period, end of story. You don't hear a word, you get strung along if you bother to call, and they threw your stuff in the can the first hour they looked at it. If the word Cuba or Kidnapped catches their eye that morning for whatever reason, you have a chance. But the stuff on their desk is in two piles. The first is "Know this guy/girl" and the second is called "Wanna-be-a-writer" pile. That one is largely doomed before they finish their morning coffee (or tofu-burger, you never know until you see the paleness of their skin).

I am wrong about a lot of stuff, so do not take my word alone, but after thirty years of doing it, and hearing people say "I should write a book" or "I have a story you would not believe" at least three times a week (try saying you're a writer when somebody asks you what you do for a living and you'll get four different responses as sure as the sun will rise in the east), I encourage people to think twice about spending a year of their life literally possessed by their desire to tell a story.

BUT if you want to, here is a simple set of instructions.

FIRST: Write an outline. If you do not know how to, learn. Do a search for "How to Write an Effective Outline" and you will find thousands of experienced people talking to you directly and personally about how to do it. And it is the book. The outline is the basis and the structure, the paragraphs the steps on the ladder, and the words the flavor.

SECOND: Write like you talk -- do not have a writing voice and a personal voice.

THIRD: Tell them what you're gonna tell them in the first three pages. Preferably the first paragraph of the Introduction to the book. Then tell them, and then in the final few pages, tell them what you just told them.

If you're writing courseware, then you give them a test to see if they bothered to read it :)

gary poyssick
A OneStop Online Fishing Magazine and Resource
Against The Clock Books for Sale

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do the words Elian Gonzales ring a bell?
Elian was younger when taken...or was Elian lying about his age...the plot thickens.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread