Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Survey-Who out there is unemployed?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by o-dat-bob View Post
    As I travel the 5, going from L.A. to Southern Oregon and back down, I see many road projects going on, listed as the "American Recovery Act". Not sure how many jobs are created or who gets rich off of them. at least they're fixing our freeways... a few feet at a time. Apparently it's a 10 year project.
    I can easily answer this, as I am an expert in this area.. As far as my records indicate, there were 3 jobs created under the "American Recovery Act".

1- The guy making the signs
    2- The guy driving them to their destination.
    3- And finally, the sign hanger himself

I hope I answered to your satisfaction
    AC1955, K Zack, snakeyes and 2 others like this.

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    738 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    forced into medical retirement (by health issues ) in 2006 even after being fully medically unfitted by my union in 2007 after 27 years of going to sea --it took the govt 3 1/2 more years to finally declare me "unfit" to work and give me my SS disability --would that mean I'm unemployed ?

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1606 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan salis View Post
    forced into medical retirement (by health issues ) in 2006 even after being fully medically unfitted by my union in 2007 after 27 years of going to sea --it took the govt 3 1/2 more years to finally declare me "unfit" to work and give me my SS disability --would that mean I'm unemployed ?
    Ivan... The VA gave me 100% wiyhin 6 months but SS is STILL denying me (since '07)! The next court case is Sept 17th in AZ. Binder and Binder is pretty optomistic so maybe this will be the BIG payday! TTC
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalms 144:1

us
    May 2012
    Treasure Coast-Florida
    Bounty Hunter Pioneer and Tesoro deLeon
    59 times
    Me too RiverRat, it's been 6 months now and nothing in site. I apply till the cows come home and not even one acknowledgement never mind an interview. So I go out and hunt, keeps me partially sane.

us
    Anita

Apr 2012
    New Hampshire & Maine
    V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster
    333 times
    Weird as this sounds, check Craigslist for job openings. Daughter got 2 part time jobs through there. (She's 29, so not technically a kid). Up here in New Hampshire I see lots of help wanted signs - retail, supermarkets, etc. Better than nothing and it's honest work.

My heart goes out to you folks who are unemployed. I have been 100% disabled since 1988 (at age 34) and on SS. (Fortunately/unfortunately I was one of the lucky ones - got my SS without fighting for it. Good luck to those folks who are fighting for what's rightfully yours).

From what I understand, the govt does not count the 18 year olds who have never truly worked. The only ones they count are those who applied for unemployment benefits (whether they got them or not - they count the applications). The govt also does not count those who have fallen off the unemployment rolls as being "unemployed", so the numbers that are being reported are skewed. So the only officially "unemployed" are those folks who have filed for and those who are in fact collecting benefits. Not counted are the folks who never bother to apply and those who can no longer collect. In actuality, the unemployment numbers are much worse than always stated by this administration.

Good luck to you all and God bless.

Anita
    Mac232 likes this.
    "You'll never find your gold on a sandy beach". - Jim Steinman (musician)
    You can bet he never used a metal detector!!!

us
    Jun 2012
    South Jersey
    Whites IDX Pro
    108 times
    Thanks for sharing everyone. I am angered to hear those of you say that you are awaiting fully deserved benefits and are being made to jump through hoops or who had to wait long periods of time to get them. It simply isn't right while others who can and are able to work simply don't cause they'd rather the gov pay for their iPhones/hair/nails etc. than work at McD's..........but that's another thread : )

I am also saddened to hear that some of you have families to support. I live alone and am responsible only for myself and my pets, so I could not imagine throwing a family in the mix of emotions.

NGE-love your sig.
    I would rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it ~ Will Rogers

us
    May 2009
    Florida
    Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
    293 times
    Disability starts this month and I'm waiting on medical retirement to go through from my job of 27 years. I've been on sick leave since the start of the year. Like Anita, I was fortunate to have my disabilty approved straight away. I'm going to have cut back on a lot of things, but at least I will be able to pay my bills. The hard part is going to be figuring out how to get my daughter through college.

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    738 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    terry - if the va 100% disabled you --it supposed to be a automatic approval by the SS no questions asked --since agencys both "work for the govt" - its like have having one part of the govt go "yes" and another part say "no" -- you need to have your lawyers ASK THE JUDGE to stop the govt FROM BSing around stalling your payment (uh that is what trhey are getting PAID FOR OUT OF YOUR MONEY to get you your money quickly) --- and I WOULD BE SURE TO ASK THE JUDGE ask for "back interest" since its clearly just a stall tactic being used in bad faith by the govt to prevent you being paid whats owed to you in a timely manner , which is in their own fiscal interest as a "forced loan" by not paying you what your owed in a prompt manner ( remember JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED.)
    Last edited by ivan salis; Jul 29, 2012 at 12:53 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1606 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan salis View Post
    terry - if the va 100% disabled you --it supposed to be a automatic approval by the SS no questions asked --since agencys both "work for the govt" - its like have having one part of the govt go "yes" and another part say "no" -- you need to have your lawyers ASK THE JUDGE to stop the govt FROM BSing around stalling your payment (uh that is what trhey are getting PAID FOR OUT OF YOUR MONEY to get you your money quickly) --- and I WOULD BE SURE TO ASK THE JUDGE ask for "back interest" since its clearly just a stall tactic being used in bad faith by the govt to prevent you being paid whats owed to you in a timely manner , which is in their own fiscal interest as a "forced loan" by not paying you what your owed in a prompt manner ( remember JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED.)
    Ivan... Yea, you would think so. My case went to circuit court but was sent back to CA because of an "error" made in CA, meaning a rubber stamp denial by an office "agent" superceded an independant doctor's declaration. So, since I am now an ARIZONAN, the case will be in an AZ court. B & B hasn't been paid a dime by me, but will when the case is/if resolved in my favor. They are VERY optimistic but will not commit to a yes. Tnx for your concern. ( S S's official statement to me is.... we have different rules than the VA) TTC
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalms 144:1

NGE
    us
    May 2008
    S.E. Michigan
    Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
    72 times
    metal detecting, fishing, photography
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryC View Post
    Ivan... The VA gave me 100% wiyhin 6 months but SS is STILL denying me (since '07)! The next court case is Sept 17th in AZ. Binder and Binder is pretty optomistic so maybe this will be the BIG payday! TTC
    CAUTION, If you finally collect that BIG way overdue settlement check, you WILL pay taxes on it! I got a check for almost 70,000.00 and I had to pay 35% taxes on it.......nge
    Exposure to the Son prevents burning

us
    Eric Richardson

Jul 2012
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Garrett ADS Groundhog,F2
    9 times
    Its bad ive been out of work for 5 weeks.I should have a job starting next week. But just as my last one its delivering food which sucks when ill be 29 in September.the worst part is i went to wyotec and got my BMW,triumph,Ducati, motorcycle certs . worked for a harley shop for a year then got laid off. People dont have money for rent much less money to spend fixing there toys.But i was lucky enough to have a dad who did toy shows,comic shows and antique shows so i know how to hit the thrift stores,yard sales and swap meets and find stuff to put on e bay and make enough to stay afloat.During the winter i do a little trapping and animal removal work which also helps. Like others have said they have us between a rock and a hard place so why would they let us out!
    Mac232 likes this.
    ERIC

us
    Mar 2010
    Jersey
    BH LandStar
    5 times
    I've been looking for over two years. I was a private investigator for 12years for a firm that's been around 40 years. One day the phones stopped ringing. I finally bit the bullet and applied for unemployment and they told me I didn't make enough to qualify. I'm currently using losing 280 pounds so alot of places won't even look at me, which I can understand. I'm living on selling at the flea market weekends and the good grace of my Uncle who lets me crash on his couch. I keep the house clean and cook for him, he's 82 and he lets me stay. God bless him. A number of years back I went to welding school and got certifed in stick, mig, flux-core in all positions. I also learned cutting, oxy welding, and tig welding. When I drop some more weight, I've lost 80 pounds so far, I'm going to start trying for jobs in that field. At 40 years old and no field expieriance I'm a little worried no one will give me a chance. To be perfectly honest I'm scared to death about my future.
    Mac232 likes this.
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times
    Quote Originally Posted by niffler72 View Post
    I've been looking for over two years. One day the phones stopped ringing. I'm currently using losing 280 pounds so alot of places won't even look at me, which I can understand. When I drop some more weight, I've lost 80 pounds so far, At 40 years old and no field expieriance I'm a little worried no one will give me a chance. To be perfectly honest I'm scared to death about my future.
    Firstly, I mean no disrespect with my reply....
    1- Like many you are very lucky to have someone that is willing to help you through these times (your uncle)
    2- With your current weight problem, I'd be more worried about the present, than the future. I hate to say this, but you are a heart attack just waiting to happen BTY congrats on losing the first 80, they are always the hardest.
    3- The bright side is that you "may" have a trade to fall back on
    4- I hate to break it to you, but 40 is still young, hire able, and still has a demand.

Look, I'm nearly 60, in decent shape (look better than many 30 year old's plus) but age is surely a factor, they just can't and won't admit to that

If my grifting thing doesn't work out, I'll be doing standup on a corner near you, or 10-15 in da joint

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spartacus53

Firstly, I mean no disrespect with my reply....
    1- Like many you are very lucky to have someone that is willing to help you through these times (your uncle)
    2- With your current weight problem, I'd be more worried about the present, than the future. I hate to say this, but you are a heart attack just waiting to happen BTY congrats on losing the first 80, they are always the hardest.
    3- The bright side is that you "may" have a trade to fall back on
    4- I hate to break it to you, but 40 is still young, hire able, and still has a demand.

Look, I'm nearly 60, in decent shape (look better than many 30 year old's plus) but age is surely a factor, they just can't and won't admit to that

If my grifting thing doesn't work out, I'll be doing standup on a corner near you, or 10-15 in da joint

I'm guessing 10 to 15. LOL

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ticm View Post
    I'm guessing 10 to 15. LOL
    Yeah, most likely.. I always look at the bright side.
    1- 3 squares a day
    2- FREE Cable
    3- Free Medical
    4- Private tutors who will take me beyond grifting 101

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors