Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beans ND boomed once before in the eighties also, this time is supposed to be different. Check out Bakken feild. There building houses and selling as fast as can be built. The Canadian pipe line when built will go through aerea also. I was there until recently will return soon,wife got sick. Every bussiness there has help wanted sign. Housing is expensive. Outfit I was working for built 8 bed room houses a prfabed 4 bedroom modular on a full basement and rent for 10 grand a month as fast as can be put up. Your right it will end sometime but most say its going to be awhile there going to drill west way in to the eastern front of rockies.

I wish you the best of luck and hope your wife gets well soon. President OBama was here a couple of months ago trying to convince the land owners where the Canadian pipe line will go thru that it will help America. I am sure the Government will use the right of way clause and the land owners will not be able to do anything about it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure the Government will use the right of way clause and the land owners will not be able to do anything about it.
Yeah, it's not like the citizens of this country actually own anything anyway, other than their debts that is. If the U.S. Government wants something you own they will take it. Once the 99%ers are all on food stamps, medicaid and welfare, the goal will be accomplished.
Welcome to Amerika boys.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, while you guys were working, how much of your incomes were you saving towards retirement and emergency funds?

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
bazinga said:
So, while you guys were working, how much of your incomes were you saving towards retirement and emergency funds?

My wife and I were raised by parents that grew up suffering through the great depression. You can imagine the training we had when growing up. Lectures on saving for a rainy day came up all the time. Sort of jaded my outlook on life later on to the point that I felt guilty when purchasing anything expensive like cars, houses, etc.. So you can bet we saved. Salted away as much as possible every month. Sure glad we did. Now my worry is how to keep the savings from being considered a nice target for redistribution of wealth. Retirement was not supposed to be like this!

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet app

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Diggummup: Uncle sam 2  700.jpg The problem is, once we are all on Medicaid, welfare and food stamps where are they goin to get the money to pay for it?

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
What was an income? Oh, you mean that "little" pittance I was scraping by on to pay all the bills? That's why I have no silver or gold to this day, I would sell as I needed when the pay was not enough. I make my hobby pay for itself! I haven't owned a "new" car or truck since before I got married, still don't, still married 35 years......NGE

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
What was an income? Oh, you mean that "little" pittance I was scraping by on to pay all the bills? That's why I have no silver or gold to this day, I would sell as I needed when the pay was not enough. I make my hobby pay for itself! I haven't owned a "new" car or truck since before I got married, still don't, still married 35 years......NGE
I understand what you are saying............... But there are some right here on tnet........ That do not under stand that not some but a lot never got payed enough to save for retirement..........

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There's also the problem that with the plunge in the stock market where most retirement money is invested and the rabid inflation of food and oil, it might not last as long as you do. Uncle sam 2  700.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggummup: View attachment 663625 The problem is, once we are all on Medicaid, welfare and food stamps where are they goin to get the money to pay for it?
Then the next step of the Cloward-Piven Strategy will go into effect. But that's getting a little too political, so that's all i'll say about that. Here, read up- https://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=cloward+piven+crisis+strategy&oq=Cloward-Piven+Crisis+Strategy+&gs_l=hp.1.0.0i30j0i8i30l3.3797.3797.1.9062.1.1.0.0.0.0.171.171.0j1.1.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.tWy0EJadaMA&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=7d8b672853db2d0d&biw=1067&bih=604

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand what you are saying............... But there are some right here on tnet........ That do not under stand that not some but a lot never got payed enough to save for retirement..........
Agreed. Especially if you happen to be someone who owns a small company and works for yourself. The "American Dream" has gone from 'prosperity for all' to 'the rich get it all'. The worlds wealthiest people have continued to acquire more and more wealth, even during these times of economic crisis. Some of America's richest corporations pay no taxes while the average American Joe shoulders the whole burden. This ought to tell us something.

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. Especially if you happen to be someone who owns a small company and works for yourself. The "American Dream" has gone from 'prosperity for all' to 'the rich get it all'. The worlds wealthiest people have continued to acquire more and more wealth, even during these times of economic crisis. Some of America's richest corporations pay no taxes while the average American Joe shoulders the whole burden. This ought to tell us something.

Stop blaming the corporations! They follow the rules as the government set them up. Blame the government for not making them pay taxes. :BangHead:
I lost my job a couple of years ago. I started working again about 5 months later on commision. So some weeks are beter than others. I get paid more hourly but in reality I'm making what I did 6 years ago. Ad to that high gas prices and the cost of food and I'm worse off.

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
No Meaningfull work in 3 years now.

All the big employers have closed there doors .

Did you know if your Unemployment runs out, your no longer counted as unemployed?

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The plac that I worked for closed down some went to Mexico and other went over sea. Wife had cancer and I was out of work for over a year and half before I found work for $10.50 a hour. Lost my house, car and truck and eveything that we had in savings. Try to get help from welfare and made $10 to much on unemployment. So now it has been 6 years working at my job and only make $13.80 a hour. I sell stuff on Ebay and Craiglist to help out. I sell my gold and silver finds every now and then when I really need to paid a bill. Will never get back to where I was before so all I hope for is to make it another 7 yrs so I can do early retirerment.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife had cancer and I was out of work

I know what you are talking about. I was working for a company and they found out my wife had cancer, came home from the hospitial and found a you are fired letter in the mail box. The company was from India and thier culture dictates that the children take care of the sick adults not the spouse.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop blaming the corporations! They follow the rules as the government set them up. Blame the government for not making them pay taxes. :BangHead:
I lost my job a couple of years ago. I started working again about 5 months later on commision. So some weeks are beter than others. I get paid more hourly but in reality I'm making what I did 6 years ago. Ad to that high gas prices and the cost of food and I'm worse off.
Uh, I believe I never mentioned who was to blame. Of course it's the Gov. who created the loopholes for the Corps.. That goes without saying. That being said, it is also the Corps. fault for moving their industries overseas to a communist or 3rd world country in order to produce inferior and cheaply made products in sweat shops by modern day slave labor, so that the priviledged few who run that Corp. can be filthy and disgustingly rich, as opposed to being just a mere millionaire. Of course the Gov. has a lot of blame in this too, since they allow it to happen without levying high import taxes on foreign produced goods. The reason all the corps moved out of America is because they can make much more money that way because there are no penalties for doing it. You starting to see the picture? The two EVILS (gov. and big corps.) go hand in hand. They are all in bed together.

No Meaningfull work in 3 years now.

All the big employers have closed there doors .

Did you know if your Unemployment runs out, your no longer counted as unemployed?
That's how they keep the numbers from looking as bad as they actually are.

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All,

My youngest Daughter was born with cerebral palsy in 1990. Someone needed to be with her all of the time so my wife who is an RN continued to work; I stayed home to take care of Katie. During this time I retrained and became a network engineer and taught tech school at night to people who lost their jobs. While teaching, I began to day trade stocks (I don't recommend this unless you have a mentor) Long story short I was very successful at it and continue to trade; though not as obsessively as I used to. Trading stocks, writing e-books and other articles and speaking engagements has allowed me to provide an income and still stay at home with Katie. There are legitimate work from home opportunities out there.....just stay away from anything that sounds too good to be true....or multilevel marketing schemes. You can earn a full time salary by opening an eBay store, publishing e-books, trading stocks or any number of other legitimate pursuits. Any of the construction trades can pay well if you're running your own company. Things as simple as tile setting, window washing, grass cutting, painting or pressure washing decks and siding are businesses that are easy to start and can pay well if you are willing to work hard. Today I tell people that I am creatively unemployed because it's now by choice that I no longer work a traditional 9-5 job. There are hundreds of things that you can do; just pick something and go for it.

Life is going to throw you curves. I never saw a disabled child entering our lives. I abandoned a good construction company that I had started as a result. I walked away from a high 5 figure income because I had to make a decision that was right for my family and Katie. When you get knocked down....you have to get back up. I've made a life out of overcoming adversity, so can you. Choose something that you enjoy doing....and just do it. To heck with what anybody else says! Become successful just to spite them and don't settle for less!

You can see us in the PA Ghost Town Group here on TreasureNet or at www.Exceptionalpeople.Org

Cheers
:occasion14:

Last edited:

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to blame someone. Blame the CEO's who don't have a damn thing invested.They take very big salaries & lots of stocks while they set on the board of many other companys surrounded buy their college buddies and outsource our jobs to China. Another name for CEO's is corporate terrorists.
I almost forgot. They don't even get fired if they screw up. They are rewarded with a golden parachute. Google the top 100 salaries of CEO's in America. You will get a education.

Cristasphoto

Jun 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moonrover said:
I just knew when I saw the title of this thread that if I read it, I would get in a funk. Well I read it anyway. My heart aches for all of you young people who are, by no fault your own, deeply impacted by a world economy that is in a death spiral.

Brace for a hard landing. It will get worse, I'm sorry to say. There are some personal measures that have been mentioned; such as retrain like a cat on fresh kill. Get aggressive on that education thing. Most of you are already taking lower paying and unfulfilling jobs, but it IS income. Sort of basic survival which is kicking the can just ahead of you down the road. I can relate to that. Been there myself. Looking back, I now realize that I was bone stinking poor and worked multiple jobs to struggle my way through college. One of my early job interviews taught me a secret. The interviewer asked me why I think I'm better qualified than all the other applicants. I looked him square in the eye and told him I don't know anything about the other applicants, but I DO know myself, and I will work my ass off to prove I'm better. Maybe that tactic does not work as well now. However when I reached the position in life where I owned the company, and did the hiring, that tactic worked on me. That as well as looking for job applicants who did not have piercings, hair dyed like a parrot, and spoke a form of slang English.

I know I sound like a nanny giving a lecture, but I have had a lifetime of business experience. I want to hammer home the importance of being aggressive and willing to retrain for a new career. Never give up. Never !!

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet app

I hope Im wrong, but i feel that the economy will die for good. There wont be any revival or rebirth.
All the education in the world wont help.
My suggestion is to arm up, learn hunting and foraging skill. Don't get dependent on modern things like doctors nor shrinks, nor police.
Prepare for the end times cause it is here.
Learn herbs and natural healing.
Basically prepare to live without running water,electricity, central air, heat etc.
Just be ready. Cause its going to be chaotic at best. Bur the unprepared and weak links will die off initially, then those of us ready can have TRUE freedom. I cant wait really.we have been enslaved too long...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope Im wrong, but i feel that the economy will die for good. There wont be any revival or rebirth.
All the education in the world wont help.
My suggestion is to arm up, learn hunting and foraging skill. Don't get dependent on modern things like doctors nor shrinks, nor police.
Prepare for the end times cause it is here.
Learn herbs and natural healing.
Basically prepare to live without running water,electricity, central air, heat etc.
Just be ready. Cause its going to be chaotic at best. Bur the unprepared and weak links will die off initially, then those of us ready can have TRUE freedom. I cant wait really.we have been enslaved too long...
I don't know about the "end times" being here, but when and if this ever did happen... mass chaos will ensue. The overwhelming vast majority of sheeple wouldn't last a month. We will be put under Marshall law and millions will be rounded up like cattle and forced into FEMA camps. Those who "miss the roundup" will become like roving bands of outlaws, raiding and pillaging whomever they can, by deadly force if necessary. The idea of living like we did "back in the old days" is a romantic one, but that's all it is, it's not reality. When and if this country (or world for that matter) "breaks," there will be hell to pay for everyone. It'll be, kill or be killed. Just think about it. A mass extinction would have to take place in order for a few to survive. Dehydraytion and starvation would soon ensue. Disease would be rampant. Within the first year hundreds of millions would die. Those lucky enough to survive would become primal. It's not a pretty picture. Unless your already living way off the grid without electricity (or making your own), in an area so remote that you don't see people for weeks on end, unless you travel to do it, you aren't prepared, no matter how much you think you are. There is always someone bigger and badder than you are, to take what they want from you, in order to survive. So you better hope it never happens.

Last edited:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
diggummup said:
I don't know about the "end times" being here, but when and if this ever did happen... mass chaos will ensue. The overwhelming vast majority of sheeple wouldn't last a month. We will be put under Marshall law and millions will be rounded up like cattle and forced into FEMA camps. Those who "miss the roundup" will become like roving bands of outlaws, raiding and pillaging whomever they can, by deadly force if necessary. The idea of living like we did "back in the old days" is a romantic one, but that's all it is, it's not reality. When and if this country (or world for that matter) "breaks," there will be hell to pay for everyone. It'll be, kill or be killed. Just think about it. A mass extinction would have to take place in order for a few to survive. Dehydraytion and starvation would soon ensue. Disease would be rampant. Within the first year hundreds of millions would die. Those lucky enough to survive would become primal. It's not a pretty picture. Unless your already living way off the grid without electricity (or making your own), in an area so remote that you don't see people for weeks on end, unless you travel to do it, you aren't prepared, no matter how much you think you are. There is always someone bigger and badder than you are, to take what they want from you, in order to survive. So you better hope it never happens.

If your happy and you know it clap your hands......if your happy and you know it clap your hands....... Come on everybody sing!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread