Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,My darling wife Tracey doesn,t like junk in the house ,so most of my finds go straight to the shed or they will get binned.Sometimes Tracey lets me do a little deplay in the house but with a few days ,it has been removed.She glad that i enjoy my hobbie but no junk in the house.Tracey has kept a few pieces of silver jewelery, i have found and they are not in the shed. ??? ??? ???.Does anyone else have this problem !!!!!!!

tinpan might move into the shed with my finds ;D ;D ;D

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:'( :'( :'( :'(Sorry to hear that tinpan. I can't keep my collectible crap in the house AND BECAUSE OF THAT I refuse tell my wife where I keep the shiny stuff. I she wants some she can get her butt out there and dig it. hmpf.

Laater...

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
TinPan,
All those (junk) treasures sure can build up! We had 5 gallon buckets all over the place:(
Was watching a neighbors 2 yr old one day about 5 years ago...Well,,,doncha know he tripped over one of those buckets, hit his forehead on another and had to have 7 stitches :( That was the end of those buckets of rusty whatsits! NOW>>>>only the good stuff makes it home :)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
tinpan said:
Hi everyone,My darling wife Tracey doesn,t like junk in the house ,so most of my finds go straight to the shed or they will get binned.Sometimes Tracey lets me do a little deplay in the house but with a few days ,it has been removed.She glad that i enjoy my hobbie but no junk in the house.Tracey has kept a few pieces of silver jewelery, i have found and they are not in the shed. ??? ??? ???.Does anyone else have this problem !!!!!!!

tinpan might move into the shed with my finds ;D ;D ;D

you could always try putting some of her junk in the shed! ;D............on second thought, if you do that you might wind up in the shed! ;)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope never happens to me i rule the roost ;D ::)

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
The secret is to have a junky house. If you lived in a rat dump she'd most likely never even notice the trash.

As for me, I just bring it in and put it where I want it. After all...I am the man of the house? right? But it just so happens that I want it in the shed. I like it how she has been able to make me think that was my idea.

Badger

digdug_rita

Sep 28, 2006
I have several places I keep my "Junk". The larger iron pieces are in a vintage chest on the back porch, some of the old tools are hanging on the wall in the den, my clad in a vintage tin, and my jewels in a jewelry display case......you see, as the Baron so boldly stated, I rule my hen house !!!! Just teasing, I have a husband that does not give a chicken poop about how much "Junk" I accumulate, as long as he can get from the recliner to the dining table to the bed. He knows how much I love this hobby....(and it keeps me out of his hair). Rita ;)

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Alrighty........I don't even keep my junk in the house. just the good stuff, like the brass latch thingy, now that's a keeper! The rest of my wonerful stuff (ie nails) go in the old mans garage. Now this really impresses him. How can the man argue? Cuz.....I have more nails than he does. H e wouldn;t dare throw it away though, he thinks he can make me a storage bin, Put the scrap in there, I can fill it up, load the dually. Off to the scrap yard. H e figures in a year I'll have a mortgage payment. I figure with the price of metal i'll have two.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generally, I just bring the good stuff home, pieces of old plows, heavy iron and steel whatzits and other junk get tossed into the weeds.

Why bring useless clutter home? Unless it looks sorta interesting - I toss it.

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been married 20 years. My wife has always hated my junk although I have been able to display it until it got to be to much. To much in her eyes not mine . The family room was my room for my stuff until last year when I remodeled it. My stuff now is boxed up and in a garage or attic. I only have a triangle shape area above the tv. 12 years I had a place for my stuff and once again the women gets the last say in it. On the other hand it was a pain in the butt to dust all the shelves and stuff ( 2 hours or more )

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
The secret is to have a junky house. If you lived in a rat dump she'd most likely never even notice the trash.

As for me, I just bring it in and put it where I want it. After all...I am the man of the house? right? But it just so happens that I want it in the shed. I like it how she has been able to make me think that was my idea.

Badger
My wife walked into the new house and claimed it for herself. Said she didn't care what I did with anything else. 'Anything else' just happened to be the garage and the yard. What the hell kind of deal was that?

Laater...

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I keep mine anywhere I dang please! Hahaha.....I had a bay window put into my office this last spring ,which now has become a display area for my best finds and the small pretty stuff and also the things that members send me . Seems like as soon as my friends come over they head right for that bay window to see my latest finds. I collect old wooden small treasure boxes and keep coins ,jewelry ,unique smaller items in them. Then I have a ivy covered Panel fence in the back yard that I hang all the interesting iron tools,horseshoes and colorful bottles on...I try to use things in my everyday life...old hooks I put up or enamel ware coffee pots/pitchers become utensil holders....All my really bad junk (but old) and broken pottery and bottles ,I have a hole made in my woods and I dump it out there....let someone else dig it 50 years from now....I take the larger pieces of pottery and stoneware and made a flowerbed out of the pieces...planting violets and pansies in them...I had way too many bottles so have been only keeping the really unique ones and I love tiny bottles and have little shelves in the bath to display them....all buttons aand marbles and tokens go into a stoenware bowl on my kitchen talbe,because people seem to like to go through them while we chat over coffee, I do try to make candle holders out of just about anything,spindles or shoe lasts that I find......
I have a nice fifty gallon drum in the garage that I have placed some really nice iron pieces that need sandblasting that I will someday get around to doing...
Guess I have alot of stuff....but I love it all ...and then people who visit know I am serious about this great hobby and they tell me of more places .... ;)

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replys and Gypsy,i,m so jealous of your fantastic fortress of treasures. :P :P :P

tinpan

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take my junk in and put it on the kitchen cabinet to clean it up in the sink. I leave it there for 3 or 4 days until she gets use to it being there and then I move it a piece or two at a time. I have a strong box in the top of my closet where I keep my "good stuff". She is afraid to say anything about my stuff because of all her Christmas stuff stacked in every closet of the house! She's a Christmas fanatic and I have Santa Clauses peeking out of every closet and shelf in the house! I did have a walk in closet in the computer room but Santa Claus has slowly taken it over! I'm the one that complains about her junk. She just moves it around and thinks she is fooling me and I pretend she is. It's kinda' a game with us. One of these days I'm going to put my foot down ....as soon as she says it's OK! Monty

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
my junk finds go in the garage..my good stuff goes here...

Attachments

• BOOTY.jpg
    BOOTY.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Booty2.jpg
    Booty2.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 200

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Thats a sweet lookin trunk Dixie! I have a large room in the basement that is mine, Lizard Queen gets the rest of the house! I have allowed her to put her lizards in my room, they keep me company as I am down here all the time. Have my computer in here, stereo, 27" color tv with full cable..............& room fer all my diggins (junque!) ;D

randall61

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2004
Guntersville,Alabama
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x2,viper trident
hey tin i dont have that problem.....i have a large display glass table that is mine and is in the den,its my special
spot......I think shes glad stuffs not everywhere,most old iron is in my closet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread