Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Its currently 105 degrees daily here and I'm ready to get my ATPRO wet for the first time. But I'm nervous about buying a scooper because they arent very cheap, and I keep hearing Mixed reviews on certain ones..Im looking for on that is strudy enough to scoop thru river rocks as well as sand, I Noticed some of the sand Scoopers wouldnt cut it for the River beds Im planning on hunting.

Any help would be great!..I just dont want to spend 150 dollars to have it bend the first day im out

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your going to be scooping river rock you need a stainless steel scoop or at least one that has stainless steel lip.

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had very good success with the Sunspot Stealth scoop. Its made in Warren, Michigan and is stainless steel. I paid 189 for it but it will outlast me. Also I got the 8 inch wide scoop.

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You could always build your own out of PVC pipe and chicken wire. I'm pretty sure someone posted about one they put together that actually looked really cool. Their stated cost was about $40.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread