First Find by Grandson

papa

Sep 21, 2006
I finally got my Grandson to go MD with me.He was off from work today,and the weather was nice enough to go.Less than 30 minutes out and I heard him, YOO - HOO !!
He found this pocket knife,I think it's safe to say,"He's Hooked" He had better luck with my Whites 4000/D than I did.
Now,can anyone tell me the best way to clean the knife ??? Since it's his first find,I want to keep it for him. Is that a "Case" shield on the handle ???

Attachments

• knife.jpg
    knife.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 201

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
its hard to tell but it could be an old case. at any rate it loks old! nice stuff!

treasure diver

Mar 17, 2006
eastern KY.
Soak it in PB Blaster & then in WD-40, if there is any hope for it that will do it. I just did a pocket knife, it didn't look that rough but it turned out good.

T

TreasureTales

Good for your grandson!!!

Not a Case pocketknife as another poster said. The shield design is used by a couple knife manufacturers, if I remember correctly.

Try the WD 40 as suggested by another poster. The knife is in rough shape and may not clean up, but it would look cool just washed up and then attached to a tiny picture frame (without the glass if necessary).

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
The only reason I want to keep it,is because it's his first find.I know it's awful rough,but to him,it's gold. We most definitely have another MD now ;D
My wife has my first find,diamond ring. ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions