Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay,, i am a little more than a half century old, and i did 10 years in the military but i am confused so i am going to ask. What is a military challenge coin

They are coins that Commanders and Command Sergeants Major give out. Most units have them and when you are challanged to show your coin and you do not have it then you owe the challanger a beverage of thier choice. Challenge coin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 90

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So cool is the video. I'd would have enjoyed it in any forum. Thanks for posting it. Wish I could follow this story. Can you let us know what happens. Perhaps a special "Welcome" to the new owners could get you--- no not you, me a invitation. Then if you even get just a reply, you can mention the "I'll be in the area" thing shortly after. I'm going to google the island. Get my cannons in a line. LOL
HH, Ray

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
logo-jackpot-powerball.gif

Est. Annuity$253,000,000
Est. Cash$170,500,000
08/11/2012

$4.85 million would be change

attempted recovery

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are coins that Commanders and Command Sergeants Major give out. Most units have them and when you are challanged to show your coin and you do not have it then you owe the challanger a beverage of thier choice. Challenge coin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wow, back thirty odd years ago when i was in "bootcamp" if that is still the word, if you didn't answer the company commander correctly you did push-ups, sit-ups, ran till your 'food left your stomach' the punishment wasn't that you had to buy them a softdrink, "wow". With all sincerity "God bless our service people".

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, back thirty odd years ago when i was in "bootcamp" if that is still the word, if you didn't answer the company commander correctly you did push-ups, sit-ups, ran till your 'food left your stomach' the punishment wasn't that you had to buy them a softdrink, "wow". With all sincerity "God bless our service people".

I don't think they are given to those in training status. As the article states, they are used for Moral. My son has quite a few, when he was at Walter Reed recovering from injuries from Iraq, those who were able got to go on a tour of the Pentagon and was given coins from some of the Generals and others and it would make them feel good for awhile.

attempted recovery

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think they are given to those in training status. As the article states, they are used for Moral. My son has quite a few, when he was at Walter Reed recovering from injuries from Iraq, those who were able got to go on a tour of the Pentagon and was given coins from some of the Generals and others and it would make them feel good for awhile.

Thank you for your explanation, i think i understand now, i was thinking basic training reward. "God bless our service people".

tncreeker

Feb 6, 2011
Maggie Valley, N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hate to tell you guys this, but,,,,those coins can be bought on ebay. Had a BF that bought them in bulk. Something speacial about gifting the coins to someone. He was a phony in every sence of the word. You know,,the bragging, show and tell, phony liars. Would photo shop his picture on scuba dive scenes, samuri award cerimonies, hunting trips in alaska etc. etc. Just passin on the info. My dad served 35 years in the Navy,, God bless them all,

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate to tell you guys this, but,,,,those coins can be bought on ebay. My dad served 35 years in the Navy,, God bless them all,

Of course they can, what can not be bought on ebay. How ever the those who have the real thing (not bought on ebay) know what they mean.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread