Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep going back and i dig everything that rings in higher then foil...

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting the same property for over a year now (about 40 hunts) & I am still finding coins.....In other words ..No place is hunted out!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep going back until the ground is completly silent.....they go again.Iron masks good signals(a nail)and then try the site with a different detector.As you said,ground moisture,ground temp,etc all play a role......I recently had a site that I thought was "cleaned out",and it produced two gold coins

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really depends on the size of the area. If the area was 50 acres, sure you could hunt it for a very long time. An acre lot, not the same.

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Consider buying an extra large coil for one of your detectors. Since you cleaned out the shallow surface a larger loop may start to sing.

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a small patch in a closed down school yard I go to because it's close by. I have found Indian Heads, crosses, rings and lots of roofing nails! I go back because I've "cleaned" it pretty good so I now use different coils, sensitivity and descriminations there to get more in tune with my AT Pro. If there is still stuff there I'm going to find it by using different methods.

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There's a cellar hole in the woods that I have kept going back to for a couple years. I have pretty much cleaned it out of non-ferrous targets. Now i'm working on the iron bits and pieces in hopes that something good may have been masked by the iron. The site is early 1800's and has given me many good finds. That's why I continue to hunt it every now and then. Just working an old familiar site on a nice day is good enough for me.

-Swartzie

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's hunted out? That term is not in my vocabulary.:laughing7:

Al

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's hunted out? That term is not in my vocabulary.:laughing7:

Al
I agree. No such thing as hunted out. If I hunt an area, I carry out everything..... even foil and other trash. Makes only sense that if I am going back... over and over again... the more I carry out, the "cleaner" future hunts will be! TTC

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cleaned out means others before you removed all the trash. If you still hear anything, dig it. Might be surprised. Best discriminator you have is your digging tool (have to give credit to Bob Sickler for that saying).

ds
www.stoutstandards.com

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many times do you go back to the same places? Until you quit finding stuff? There's places that seem to be hunted out but I have a tendency to go back....and sometimes find something that was missed. Maybe ground conditions,temps etc. play a part...

LOL All my spots are Hunted out including the spot I got the 1853 seated quarter :laughing7:

I'll take a break from sites on occasion, when they get stagnant.
but they never fail to produce again on my return.

You don't have hard freezes there in texas i'm guessing.
This also causes movement
Some spots seem to produce better in dry others in wet also

Last edited:

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hunted many places 20 to 30 times and every time they produce. I'm not talking about big places I'm talking about small yard size places.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread