Garrett warranty work?

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out hunting for about 4 hours today, and out of the blue, my Pro Pointer started acting up. It sounds like a sick duck and the vibration thingee is all messed up. I even tried replacing the battery.
I had it less than a year. Anyone every have any warranty work or send anything back to Garrett? What did you do to contact them or whatever?
thanks!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I was out hunting for about 4 hours today, and out of the blue, my Pro Pointer started acting up. It sounds like a sick duck and the vibration thingee is all messed up. I even tried replacing the battery.
I had it less than a year. Anyone every have any warranty work or send anything back to Garrett? What did you do to contact them or whatever?
thanks!
On the Pro Pointers call Garrett Tell them what is wrong..... most of the time they will have you send yours in and they just send you a new one back....... And all it cost me was my shipping of the old one to them ...... They sent out a new one to me at no cost to me ...... It's hard to beat Garretts service...

OP
OP
Viddy

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ah ok! I am sure I registered it on garretts website and it said it has a 2 year warranty.

OP
OP
Viddy

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK... you all will laugh at this one. I just FIXED my Pro Pointer! apparently there is a small piece of round foam in the battery compartment cap that keeps the battery snug up against the contact points. I found it when I was taking the battery out of the Pro Pointer to put it in the box to ship back. The round piece of foam was loose in the battery compartment. So the battery was not making contact with the points all the time and the 'sick duck' sound was actually the battery rattling around when it vobrated since it was not snug.

go ahead and laugh at me now

:-/

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you asked. So I'll comply :laughing9:

Sometimes it's the most simplest of things that go wrong, so you're in luck :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions