Big shocker...

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't you think we should be allowed to discuss everyday things? If not, this isn't the place for me.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I agree with you, but I don't think it is going to happen on T Net. I think some of the hand print-2_edited-5.jpg sponsors may be liberal.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree, and lord knows we can't hurt anyone's delicate feelings these days.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Actually, the First Amendment protects you from persecution from the government. Has nothing to do with privately owned public forums. They can monitor and delete as they feel. That's their right....

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I understand that, my point is that so many people look for reasons to be offended. Be a man, don't piss and moan about everything. It was all over the news and I thought it was comical and thought I would share it. I didn't create it.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand that, my point is that so many people look for reasons to be offended. Be a man, don't piss and moan about everything. It was all over the news and I thought it was comical and thought I would share it. I didn't create it.

At first I thought Whaaaat, then sat back and understood it was not to offend anyone. Then I went to ebay and looked at all the political bumper stickers for sale. I guess that is why TNet does not want any politics discussed not matter how minor it may be.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Fair enough, It just seems like you can't say or do anything anymore without someone complaining. Like the issue with the Westboro Baptist Church picketing soldiers funerals....I loathe them and think they are brainless trash but I support their right to free speech.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People seem to forget, this is a privately owned public forum, it is not public owned. Owner has the right to set the rules here just like any private business has the right to set their rules in their business and just like any person here has the right to set the rules in their private home....

If you owned a business and someone goes inside and starts posting signs inside your business, do you have the right to tell them to stop, or does their free speech give them the right to post inside your business against your wishes.......? You own a nice restaurant and a bunch of people walk in with no shirts or shoes on, do you have the right to ask them to leave your business?

Your thread was deleted for the same reasons you posted it to begin with.....It is inappropriate for this website......It may be all over the news, but it is not approbate here, just like politics are all over the news but not appropriate here....

This is a Treasure Website, not a political website......

Please follow TreasureNet rules.................. http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
People seem to forget, this is a privately owned public forum, it is not public owned. Owner has the right to set the rules here just like any private business has the right to set their rules in their business and just like any person here has the right to set the rules in their private home....

If you owned a business and someone goes inside and starts posting signs inside your business, do you have the right to tell them to stop, or does their free speech give them the right to post inside your business against your wishes.......? You own a nice resturant and a bunch of people walk in with no shirts or shoes on, do you have the right to ask them to leave your business?

Your thread was deleted for the same reasons you posted it to begin with.....It is inappropate for this website......It may be all over the news, but it is not appropate here, just like politics are all over the news but not appropapate here....

This is a Treasure Website, not a political website......

Please follow TreasureNet rules.................. http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules

As I stated, I understand it's privately owned. I was just pointing out how sad and easily offended some people are. I love it how other people who shall remain nameless for the time being always post political stuff but nothing is ever said.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinstike, it is true we have let some generic politics slide, if you want we can lock ALL politics down period..................It has nothing to do with someone being offended, it is against TN rules.....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well they took my picture of obama off .. this post and it was only up about a hour...... Some one in charge here must really love obama................

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy post a picture of Romney and it will be removed as well................Keep the politics off the forums as stated in TN rules...

“You may not.... Start a thread to specifically promote or discuss politics or religion or respond in a political or religious fashion to a post if it's not somehow tied to treasure hunting.”
http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think it's so much people get offended but I personally don't like seeing a good topic getting hijacked by someone that feels the need to express their views irreguardless of it's relevancy to the topic. It does get boring and annoying.

Al

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
All I can say is I never even thought of it's political relevance, I just thought it was funny. I certainly don't think "Mittens" is any better or worse.

Silverfinder99

Mar 23, 2012
Jacksonville AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is I never even thought of it's political relevance, I just thought it was funny. I certainly don't think "Mittens" is any better or worse.

Sad that they won't allow it, if only they realized that that political party is responsible for so much of the government red tape that prevents so many of us from enjoying the hobby of our choice. It's kind of ironic though since they're always preaching clean air and water and equality but they don't want us digging in "their" ground or picking up and removing trash from "their" parks. Hypocrites

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone know a good translator? This appears passionate...lol

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Coinstriking Michigan said:
Anyone know a good translator? This appears passionate...lol

I think he is saying death to America. I hate it when people can't get to the point.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Encochexoni...we don't know what the hell you are saying. Do you speak any English?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread