DOES ANYBODY USE TEKNETICS?

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a G2 Teknetics. Like it. Teknetics is part of the First Texas Products which owns Fisher and Bounty Hunter as well. The Omega is virturally identical to mine except for the electronics inside. Very light weight as well. Best of luck:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks is the g2 better than the omega or is it just small differences

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the Teknetics forum on here. I have the G2 and with it's higher frequency it was designed as a gold detector and excels at finding the lower conductive metal such as gold, lead, nickle, etc. The Omega operates at a lower frequency and will hit silver harder at a deeper depth more than likely. Then again the G2 has dual processors and will separate targets better which can give it an edge in trashier areas.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im really starting to like the reviews of the omega thanks for the response

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can anyone help with the vdi numbers on the omega what means what?

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just took one of each coin modern and silver did an air test and wrote them on a reverence card until I committed them to memory. Indian heads read different than more modern copper and zincs etc. Silver reads one or two above clad. Large cent is about where a quarter is (on G2). I dig all signals from small ring up most of the time anyway. Hope you like your new toy. Best of luck. :icon_thumleft:

beerbarrel

Jun 24, 2007
Houston
I really don't know much about the G2 or 8000, but I have the T2 Se, which is a fantastic detector, finding coins, over the same ground I went over with the ETRAC. Been using the ETRAC for several years, but have switched to the T2.

beerbarrel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread