MINELAB short man syndrome

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My father taught me that people with "short man syndrome" can be tall or short, but that they have great insecurity and feel the need to prove themselves to others

Some focus their need for affirmation positively and put forth the effort which cements their success while others merely weave glorious tales of superiority

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohmygoodness please dont send me private messages especially ones with name calling not to be rude but I don't care who you really are it was a joke thanks have a nice day

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
sonofadigger said:
Ohmygoodness please dont send me private messages especially ones with name calling not to be rude but I don't care who you really are it was a joke thanks have a nice day

Oh my goodness was and is also attempted recovery. Both accounts this nut held have been banned. It seems he had some anger issues amongst others.

Last edited:

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my goodness was and is also attempted recovery. Both accounts this nut held have been banned. It seems he had some anger issues amongst others.

well since he made it a point to call me dipstick a few times i think its safe to say no christmas card this year

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
sonofadigger said:
well since he made it a point to call me dipstick a few times i think its safe to say no christmas card this year

I'll ask him tonight. He and the mrs. are coming over for a bridge game with me and my wife. My wife is serving coffee and blueberry scones. I'll try to patch things up.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that would be oh so very kind sir

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sonofadigger said:

ROFLOL! You crack me up!

OP
OP
jcCALIF

jcCALIF

Jun 13, 2012
Yorba Linda
Detector(s) used
TDI PRO, VX3, Surfmaster PI PRO, TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thus I have seen smug people like yourself, ....
So you see, your analysis is not quite so simple as you make it out to be.

"Smug"? I don't recall that emotion walking about Los Angeles County beaches at 3 or 4 in the morning. That said, yes there is one beach that I won't detect because it simply has so many nails that it is on the verge being dangerous - Cabrillo Beach in the San Pedro area.

I dig many nails when I detect. Just about all beaches from Newport, Huntington and Venice have them. I dig everything unless I am in a rush. To minimize my time digging trash, I pay attention to the tides as well as to beach psychology. Metal detecting has many more steps than just swinging your coil around the beach. I enjoy talking "shop" to all detectorists that I run into. The Minelab guys (never met a female version) just seem a bit cultish to me. But believe me, I learn from them as well.

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
:laughing9: I get such a laugh out of these types of posts :laughing9:

There isn't machine out there that is 100% accurate, period. Funny thing is that what your machine may pick up as trash and you pass, just may be the find of the century that you passed by :laughing7: Now if you want to argue and say you dig it anyway, why even mention how accurate it is to begin with :icon_scratch:

Sorry, but I'm not into labels to impress.. OK, I lied. My machine is made up from old Campbell's chicken noodle soup cans, with an extra large plastic garbage can lid to cover more area :icon_thumright: You can have the cheapest machine on the market and as long as it finds metal, you're good to go.

It's only a hobby and the idea is to have fun and perhaps find something interesting along the way :laughing7:

Lol. I like your sense of humor Spartacus!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a funny post...I have recently been using the White's line learning different units, and I have to admit that V3i is very impressive. I spent 5 years swinging the Etrac, and wish I had tried the V3i first, or in between. LOL @ Short man syndrome looking for "just clad"

shinerod

Apr 22, 2012
Kalamazoo, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2, Garrett GTAx400, Garrett Pro-Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My 11 year old Garrett works just fine.

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been around some of those short man syndrome folks - man oh man you must be on alert to avoid their fury...throwing things and ranting and raving. It only gets worst if you laugh at them. I wouldn't want to be hit over the head with one who was swinging a Minelab detector. Pretty expensive breakage right there. Yes sir, avoid those short man syndrome folks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread