W C Jamesons pots of gold

Aerospace guy

Greenie
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W C Jameson's 'pots of gold'

To all you "old-timers" out there, what's the consensus of opinion on this confederate treasure? Has it been thoroughly detected? Is the area mostly on private land or does the railway right-of-way extend 100 yards on either side? (Ref. Lost American Treasures & American History, page 133) Thanks

OP
OP
A

Aerospace guy

Greenie
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should make it easier, the story mentions millions in coins buried in pots in groups of three along approx. 16 miles of track between Mcleansville, North Carolina and Burlington. The pots were to be buried no more than 100 yards from track, hence my question about right-of-way size/ private land. Apparently one hunter found approx. 6 to 9 of these catches before passing away.

OP
OP
A

Aerospace guy

Greenie
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, how about this:can anyone living in N. Carolina or familiar with area tell me if that 16 mile section is mostly private land or railroad right ofway? Thanks much!

webmaster-wcjameson

Sep 7, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aerospace - I asked WC Jameson about this and here is his reply:

"The pots may be buried as far as one hundred yards from the railroad tracks. Once one leaves the railroad right-of-way along that line, one is usually on private property. The three discoveries I am aware of have been on private property. For more detailed information, see my books Lost Treasures in American History and Buried Treasures of the Appalachians." ~ W.C. Jameson

OP
OP
A

Aerospace guy

Greenie
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Webmaster, thanks much for your help! I wonder, since some catches have been found, giving validity to tha story, why more hunters haven't approached the landowners to look on a "share" basis? Maybe they have and we are just not hearing about it? I would like to pursue this...does anyone know the "nature" of the people living there..friendly, welcoming or not so much?

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not familiar with the area, but google earth shows quite a bit of undeveloped land along those tracks. If you had a good idea where you wanted to search you could try contacting the land owner, but I would talk to them about looking for a possible civil war camp site and mention nothing about gold unless you actually found some. People will probably be more willing to let you hunt if they think you're searching for old bullets and buttons which have no real value to them, but if you mention a hoard of gold, they'll likely say no and then hunt for it themselves.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I believe in the story. It took me a while but I got permission from the property owner where I think the pots are. Just about everyone in the area knows the story. There is no point in trying to decieve anyone. I plan on digging them up very soon. I have dug in the past but now have new information. Success comes to those with the persistence to not give up.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not believe all legends. I been a treasure hunter since 1964, and I know what I am writing about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread