Detector withdrawals

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to send my much loved G2 to the doctor.:crybaby2: I went out hunting for some old home sites near the Tn river and was detecting on the way to their location when it croaked. The road bed I was following to the sites was sunken in nearly 10 feet at the crest of some hills and had trees growing in it that had obviously been there for decades. In the flats some areas had been turned and are now pasture but still obvious road bed. A buddy told me about the old home sites he had found when he was a kid rabbit hunting. I did a snapshot on Google Earth of the approximate area and printed it. He marked the spots for me. He said when he was a boy it was just foundations and wells and a cellar hole or two. He remembers it well as his brother fell in one of the wells and nearly drowned. This is part of the same little town I have been hunting that was founded in 1812. Haven't been able to find out how old the homes are, but I questioned the land owner and he was aware of them. He told me they were from the early part of the settlement according to the old timers. Lots of ground to cover and no beep-beep box to do it with. Valium doesn't help.....much. Just kidding, but am going to be worse than a kid waiting for Santa to get my detector back.:BangHead:

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain! I just sent my Tesoro Tiger Shark off to be checked out and now I am without a water detector. This sucks double as I just found a new swimming hole to check out... but hopefully it will be running like a champ when I get it back and I'll be able to find a pound or so of jewelry to make it all worthwhile ;)

For your hunting trip you might want to get a grapping hook and rope for when you find those wells :D And you could always just search really slowly with your Vibra-probe and dig every signal...

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I could try the Vibra Probe....ha ha

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate the thought bluehunter. Spent a good bit of time around Shelbyville ( Shebvul if ya live there) growing up. Had close friends there. I have been wanting to get an F75 and keep the G2 as back up but to tell you the truth I love the G2 so wasn't in a hurry till now. Of coarse the money has to be tight right when ya need a little "she money". Have plenty of places to hunt so will have to get something in case I have another break down or need a loaner. Some of the places I hunt have some really deep targets because of the ground being turned and some areas used to flood from TN river. About every 20 years the main part of the old town got drilled from the flooding. Now the dams contol the flooding but lots of silt in some of the low areas and the F75 SE supposed to be pretty awesome on depth. If ya ever feel like a road trip give me a shout. We will find some kind of trouble to stir up. :icon_thumleft:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That, my good sir, is why you should have more than one hobby :laughing7: I guess you could use the time in planning and visualizing your hunt there :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought would be a great time to get a girlfriend as a hobby but the wife shot that down. Got some coyotes that have been needing my attention so guess I will chase them for a while. The local vet gives my number to folks for the yotes and hunting them has turned up some great places to deer hunt and metal detect. :icon_thumleft:

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea i live in Shelbyville not much of a country town anymore. Would love to make it to an area your talking about. Just got an At pro and its was a little slow going at first but now I love the damn thing. Got a bullet at 14 inches the other day. Use to kill a lot of coyotes in Alabama and Michigan but moved to Tn in October last year and haven't touched a gun sense.

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love to get an AT to hunt the creeks etc around here. Did not know that they were capable of that kind of depth.....that is deeper than anything I have heard of. Will sure have to look into the AT if they will do that. May con you into that road trip just to see what see that puppy wag its tail. Oh and by the way......TN state law says you have to shoot at least 10 times per year or we send ya up North.......:icon_thumleft:. Just kidding.

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard of people finding at that depth. I almost quit thinking I was digging a ghost signal. Scooped my last bit out of hole. (havent invested in pinpointer) it dropped out of scoop. I'm trying to access some of the creeks around here kind of overgrown but never seen or heard of anyone with a water detector around here. Opens up a lot of possibilities. Yea I got sent up north once not going without a fight this time.lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread