***FINISHED*** Restoring Antique Adirondack (Muskoka) Mhair

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
**NOTICE** original thread to complete restoration photos here http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...storing-antique-adirondack-muskoka-chair.html here are some photos of the finished chair, it took about a month and a half of on and off work to complete but it was completely worth it and a final 2 1/2hours to paint, knowing i have a unique antique chair from probably the 1940s,it's the only of it's kind i know about and probably one of the last or the last remaining of it's design, there is also a photo of it beside a modern recycled plastic chair comparing the difference and similarities of the designs. Maybe one day i could made a hybrid of the modern and the old design. pleas click on the photos to view them larger

Last edited:

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a fantasist looking chair. Great job. Those things are darn comfortable to sit in. I have an LL Bean type I built from plans many years ago. The stock lumber and the brass screws just about equaled the price of the ones LL Bean sold new. Again, great looking chair. I'm sure you got hours of pleasure putting it together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions