Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Are you a prepper?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    990 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ticm View Post
    Now I am paranoid.
    ....... I'm sorry i did not mean to do that to you.... I'm sure there will be something in the future we can disagree on ....... Then i can get you upset again....
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Keppy
    ....... I'm sorry i did not mean to do that to you.... I'm sure there will be something in the future we can disagree on ....... Then i can get you upset again....
    That's more like it

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    769 times
    What you can eat , drink , or protect yourself with will be the primary trade goods if things go south . Heavy golden and silver colored metals will only have value during recovery from these times .
    Kentucky Kache likes this.
    Wolfpack forever

vor

Jun 2012
    340 times
    I plan on being around during recovery.

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    790 times
    Now that NYC has banned the sale of large soft drink containers, I am going to hoard sugar packs. They will be next.

us
    Sep 2012
    South Dakota
    Minelab x-terra 505
    2 times
    i can assure you that when/if faced with a dooms day scenario... my family will have whatever they need to survive and i will do whatever necessary! i dont care about a persons training, shelter, storage, etc... if you have what i need, you are on the wrong team!!

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY22
    i can assure you that when/if faced with a dooms day scenario... my family will have whatever they need to survive and i will do whatever necessary! i dont care about a persons training, shelter, storage, etc... if you have what i need, you are on the wrong team!!
    Yep you and the other eight billion people on this rock.

us
    Ray

Jul 2012
    Gretna La. New Orleans burb
    At-Pro
    88 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY22 View Post
    Two guys walked up too close to mom bear and cub while hiking. One goes down to tie his shoe. The other says "what are you doing? No way we can out run this bear". The other guy say "I know that. But I only have to out run you".
    ticm and SLY22 like this.

us
    May 2008
    Oklahoma
    Ace 250
    147 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Survial tip #92759271-38

With Winter on it's way the local Radio Weatherman knew that the Native Americans were good at predicting what the winter season will be like. So he went to the reservation and seen that they were stocking firing wood. He goes back to the Radio station and reports the Winter will about normal. A couple of day later he goes back to the reservation and saw they had stacked even more fire wood. Weatherman went back and reported that it will be a rought winter. Weatherman goes back again and seen that the Native Americans have piled even more fire wood, he goes back to the station and reports it going to be one of the worst winters ever. A week later he goes back to the reservation and there is fire wood every where, so he decides to ask the Chief how they know it going to be a rough winter and know how much fire wood to gather, the Chief says We listen to weather forcast on the radio.
    ticm, Jason in Enid and Gold Maven like this.
    Fire Buttons Pressed

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster
    940 times
    If the world did turn into some sort of bad Mad Max movie, I probably won't be accepting any precious metals in exchange for antibiotics or potable water.
    truckinbutch likes this.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

us
    May 2008
    Oklahoma
    Ace 250
    147 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    With the all the Ice melting may want to put some dry dirt in a jar. Water World.
    Fire Buttons Pressed

us
    Sep 2012
    South Dakota
    Minelab x-terra 505
    2 times
    Yep you and the other eight billion people on this rock.
    out of the 8 billion people on this planet i would have to say (with no way of proving) a very VERY small fraction could survive even the smallest of tragic circumstance that lasted more than 8-10 days with no running water. remember we as a society that feed our hungry, pay the non working, house the needy, help the stupid and enable the users. in a tragic turn of events i wouldnt be competing with 8 billion people... i have a very strong will and fully capable of providing/taking what i would need to support life for my family and myself.
    on a side note i like your responses! your coy targeted posts do make me smile. i have a feeling we would get along just fine in person

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY22

out of the 8 billion people on this planet i would have to say (with no way of proving) a very VERY small fraction could survive even the smallest of tragic circumstance that lasted more than 8-10 days with no running water. remember we as a society that feed our hungry, pay the non working, house the needy, help the stupid and enable the users. in a tragic turn of events i wouldnt be competing with 8 billion people... i have a very strong will and fully capable of providing/taking what i would need to support life for my family and myself.
    on a side note i like your responses! your coy targeted posts do make me smile. i have a feeling we would get along just fine in person
    So, Then you won't shoot me when I knock on your bunker to borrow a couple of rolls of toilet paper?

I think a catastrophic U.S. economy failure would trigger such a financial crisis across the world all leaders would get together and hit the reset button... or at least create a starting point to work from. Just like the States have to find a way to work with the Fed, all the countries would have to find a way to stabilize the world's economy. I think all this falls under the MUCH EASIER SAID THAN DONE category! But when you're in uncharted waters expect the unexpected.

As for the feeling to need to own a gun and other supplies that's crazy because it's not like all this will happen without warning.

us
    Sep 2012
    South Dakota
    Minelab x-terra 505
    2 times
    So, Then you won't shoot me when I knock on your bunker to borrow a couple of rolls of toilet paper?
    lets just hope it doesnt come to that!

us
    Feb 2010
    72 times
    Toilet paper? Just carry an old paperback book w/ya. Crumple the page first. Barter? Think I'd trade ammo for silver? Food or water for Gold? What makes ya think you could even get out of the city in an RV to a "Safe Place"? If it all goes to he double hockey sticks where do you think will be safe? The mountains where the other 50 million are headed? You don't think hords of people won't be hunting along w/ya?
    Best to hunker down in your bunker for 120 days till the dust settles. I hope nothing like that ever happens but if it does most of the preppers I've seen on the TV show are doomed.
    Jason in Enid likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    7449 times
    RJC, Please remember TN rules on politics..........

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    Massachusetts
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    2953 times
    The Truth
    Excuse me, but it is kind of hard to discuss prepping for WW3 or any other disaster without letting a little politics making its way into the fore mentioned discussion.With that said,attempting it would be the same as trying to discuss WW2 without the words, Axis,Allies,Germans,Japanese,Nazis,English,America ns,Hitler,Churchill,etc,etc,etc .Or for another example,being pulled over by the cops and given a verbal warning but left in the dark as to what the warning was all about.
    YOU KNOW MY STANCE,LIVE FREE OR DIE

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    7449 times
    “You may not.... Start a thread to specifically promote or discuss politics or religion or respond in a political or religious fashion to a post if it's not somehow tied to treasure hunting.”
    http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    Massachusetts
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    2953 times
    The Truth
    Sorry but,I did not start this thread nor am I promoting politics or religion.And I might add that none of the previous responses in the thread were in any way tied to treasure hunting. My response was to supply answers.
    YOU KNOW MY STANCE,LIVE FREE OR DIE

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsors