Are you a prepper?

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Keppy said:
....... I'm sorry i did not mean to do that to you.... I'm sure there will be something in the future we can disagree on ....... Then i can get you upset again....

That's more like it

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
What you can eat , drink , or protect yourself with will be the primary trade goods if things go south . Heavy golden and silver colored metals will only have value during recovery from these times .

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan on being around during recovery.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Now that NYC has banned the sale of large soft drink containers, I am going to hoard sugar packs. They will be next.

SLY22

Sep 10, 2012
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i can assure you that when/if faced with a dooms day scenario... my family will have whatever they need to survive and i will do whatever necessary! i dont care about a persons training, shelter, storage, etc... if you have what i need, you are on the wrong team!!

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
SLY22 said:
i can assure you that when/if faced with a dooms day scenario... my family will have whatever they need to survive and i will do whatever necessary! i dont care about a persons training, shelter, storage, etc... if you have what i need, you are on the wrong team!!

Yep you and the other eight billion people on this rock.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two guys walked up too close to mom bear and cub while hiking. One goes down to tie his shoe. The other says "what are you doing? No way we can out run this bear". The other guy say "I know that. But I only have to out run you".

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Survial tip #92759271-38

With Winter on it's way the local Radio Weatherman knew that the Native Americans were good at predicting what the winter season will be like. So he went to the reservation and seen that they were stocking firing wood. He goes back to the Radio station and reports the Winter will about normal. A couple of day later he goes back to the reservation and saw they had stacked even more fire wood. Weatherman went back and reported that it will be a rought winter. Weatherman goes back again and seen that the Native Americans have piled even more fire wood, he goes back to the station and reports it going to be one of the worst winters ever. A week later he goes back to the reservation and there is fire wood every where, so he decides to ask the Chief how they know it going to be a rough winter and know how much fire wood to gather, the Chief says We listen to weather forcast on the radio.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the world did turn into some sort of bad Mad Max movie, I probably won't be accepting any precious metals in exchange for antibiotics or potable water.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the all the Ice melting may want to put some dry dirt in a jar. Water World.

SLY22

Sep 10, 2012
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep you and the other eight billion people on this rock.

out of the 8 billion people on this planet i would have to say (with no way of proving) a very VERY small fraction could survive even the smallest of tragic circumstance that lasted more than 8-10 days with no running water. remember we as a society that feed our hungry, pay the non working, house the needy, help the stupid and enable the users. in a tragic turn of events i wouldnt be competing with 8 billion people... i have a very strong will and fully capable of providing/taking what i would need to support life for my family and myself.
on a side note i like your responses! your coy targeted posts do make me smile. i have a feeling we would get along just fine in person

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
SLY22 said:
out of the 8 billion people on this planet i would have to say (with no way of proving) a very VERY small fraction could survive even the smallest of tragic circumstance that lasted more than 8-10 days with no running water. remember we as a society that feed our hungry, pay the non working, house the needy, help the stupid and enable the users. in a tragic turn of events i wouldnt be competing with 8 billion people... i have a very strong will and fully capable of providing/taking what i would need to support life for my family and myself.
on a side note i like your responses! your coy targeted posts do make me smile. i have a feeling we would get along just fine in person

So, Then you won't shoot me when I knock on your bunker to borrow a couple of rolls of toilet paper?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a catastrophic U.S. economy failure would trigger such a financial crisis across the world all leaders would get together and hit the reset button... or at least create a starting point to work from. Just like the States have to find a way to work with the Fed, all the countries would have to find a way to stabilize the world's economy. I think all this falls under the MUCH EASIER SAID THAN DONE category! But when you're in uncharted waters expect the unexpected.

As for the feeling to need to own a gun and other supplies that's crazy because it's not like all this will happen without warning.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Toilet paper? Just carry an old paperback book w/ya. Crumple the page first. Barter? Think I'd trade ammo for silver? Food or water for Gold? What makes ya think you could even get out of the city in an RV to a "Safe Place"? If it all goes to he double hockey sticks where do you think will be safe? The mountains where the other 50 million are headed? You don't think hords of people won't be hunting along w/ya?
Best to hunker down in your bunker for 120 days till the dust settles. I hope nothing like that ever happens but if it does most of the preppers I've seen on the TV show are doomed.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RJC, Please remember TN rules on politics..........

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Excuse me, but it is kind of hard to discuss prepping for WW3 or any other disaster without letting a little politics making its way into the fore mentioned discussion.With that said,attempting it would be the same as trying to discuss WW2 without the words, Axis,Allies,Germans,Japanese,Nazis,English,Americans,Hitler,Churchill,etc,etc,etc .Or for another example,being pulled over by the cops and given a verbal warning but left in the dark as to what the warning was all about.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“You may not.... Start a thread to specifically promote or discuss politics or religion or respond in a political or religious fashion to a post if it's not somehow tied to treasure hunting.”
http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry but,I did not start this thread nor am I promoting politics or religion.And I might add that none of the previous responses in the thread were in any way tied to treasure hunting. My response was to supply answers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions