Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chisos

Thread: Pardon me while I whine

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Melissa

Aug 2005
    Oak Ridge, TN
    Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
    78 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Pardon me while I whine

Man this is getting to me. I somehow injured the tendons in my arm a month ago and haven't detected since. It's my swinging arm. I can't even lift a glass of soda. I'm having severe withdrawal. Ive worn the brace religiously, babied it, cursed it, and smothered it in the whole family of liniments. I finally saw the dr yesterday and he put me on a dose pack of prednisone. That stuff runs me up the wall but I'll take it. Lol. If he told me I had to eat dog poop to recover I'd seriously consider it!
    The kicker is I think I did it while lifting some light weights so I wouldn't lose the muscle I'd built while detecting this summer and spring. I have a very stressful job and detecting is my stress release, much more of this and I might not have a job. Lol thanks for listening! Y'all have a good one and find a bunch!

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times
    My sympathy card is in the mail Then again, you may not get it because I don't know your name or address, nor did I put any postage on it Hope you at least smiled to ease your pain there.

us
    Melissa

Aug 2005
    Oak Ridge, TN
    78 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by spartacus53
    My sympathy card is in the mail Then again, you may not get it because I don't know your name or address, nor did I put any postage on it Hope you at least smiled to ease your pain there.
    LOL Spartacus! You're alright.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2115 times
    I pulled something in my shoulder about 3 days ago. I did it trying to pull some limbs from a tree before getting the tractor and removing them. The next day I could barely lift my arm without knowing that I had overworked it. The following day it was ok till I got it over straight out. Today is is ok. This happens every time I use a muscle I haven't used for a long time. I guess we all have different healing rates. I am 75 and have noticed over the years that it takes longer to heal if i "baby" it. The light movement that hurts a little also helps it heal. Good luck with the arm. Frank
    Attached Images Attached Images  

us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1651 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    If you live through the withdrawls, EASE back into it. Go slow. Don't re-injure yourself lifting that great big cache. I'll help you out... BTW, can you out-run a 63 year old? No..... maybe you should lift the cache on your own.... I can't run fast enough to steal it! Get better! TTC
    ONE MIND - ANY WEAPON

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    790 times
    Dog poop you say.

us
    Sep 2012
    versailles ky
    whites classic ID, bounty hunter 202
    28 times
    i tore some muscles in my shoulder 3 yrs ago and it sometimes puts me in so much pain i cant even use my arm. so on those days that i cant go MD im MDing the web for info on new spots and setting around picking the old timers for info. its been helping me alot. ive found a few promising places ill soon enough check out.
    hope you get filling better i know the withdraws are a curse. when i find a new good spot i cant sleep the night before i go check it out :P
    BEEP,BEEP,BEEP,BEEP....(DIGGING)....PULL TAB...$H!T

us
    Jun 2012
    Evensville, Tennessee
    Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
    1107 times
    Really feel for ya having to take the Prednisone. That stuff makes me nervous as long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Hey they can't keep a good Hillbilly down. You will be back up and swinging in no time. Best of luck.

us
    Melissa

Aug 2005
    Oak Ridge, TN
    78 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Thank you all so much. Yeah, I'm already feeling the effects of the prednisone but I don't have to take it long. It may be my imagination but my arm isn't aching as much today. I just hope it healed by my vacation next month. My hubby told me he would take me anywhere I want within driving distance of our home do I could metal detect to my hearts content. I plan on going to a beach with my Excal but haven't decided where yet.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2115 times
    Hay Gal, anywhere is within driving range unless it is off shore. Frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	675160  

Charter Member
    us
    Dennis

Jan 2012
    Montana
    White's MXT
    2706 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Hope you get to feeling better! Maybe light exercises, then ice it after.

us
    Dec 2005
    ventura, ca.
    whites DFX, Sovereign GT
    T-Gal, Best wishes for a speedy recovery. GH, Don
    dfxone

Aug 2012
    41 times
    Put on a thong bikini, your sunglasses, a stylish broad brimmed straw hat, grab a margarita in your good hand and find some dumb bas***d to do the detector thing. He can operate it, dig the treasure and then show it to you for your approval while you stroll along with nary a care in the world. Probably works better in Hawaii, but who knows?
    ticm likes this.

Sponsors