falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am using the discontinued RadioShack wireless headphones. Works perfectly for detecting. Unfortunately they have been discontinued since 2010 and they are now virtually impossible to find in any stores.

I'm Bumping this thread as I am wanting to know if anything that is "affordable" to use as a wireless headphone set-up!

Seems like the Radio Shack Auvio 33-293 wireless headphones are the most popular by far for wireless headphone set-up on metal detectors but like Ben said above they have discontinued for years!

Anyone using a low priced affordable wireless headphone set-up lately that seems to work perfect ???

I hear bluetooth is not the way to for wireless and MD due to to much lag ... any more thoughts on what is available or what people are currently using?

Thanks so much and I look forward to some more replies.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Bumping this thread as I am wanting to know if anything that is "affordable" to use as a wireless headphone set-up!

Seems like the Radio Shack Auvio 33-293 wireless headphones are the most popular by far for wireless headphone set-up on metal detectors but like Ben said above they have discontinued for years!

Anyone using a low priced affordable wireless headphone set-up lately that seems to work perfect ???

I hear bluetooth is not the way to for wireless and MD due to to much lag ... any more thoughts on what is available or what people are currently using?

Thanks so much and I look forward to some more replies.

The pair of Rappoo's I bought worked flawlessly and they were pretty cheap

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fig1cartoon_zps97ee5aed.jpg ...Talk about an array of answers.....

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this thread talking a bit about wireless headphones ...

Seems that they need the "Kleer Technology"

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/minelab/377237-wireless-headphones-x-terra-705-a.html

Any link to those?

I used these for the AT PRO and Teknetics Omega and Minelab Safari and they worked great for all but you will need to buy an adapter depending on what machine you use

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0074CQUZG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1397086274&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used these for the AT PRO and Teknetics Omega and Minelab Safari and they worked great for all but you will need to buy an adapter depending on what machine you use

Rapoo 2.4Ghz 3.5mm Jack Wireless Headset with Microphone (H3070 Black):Amazon:Computers & Accessories

So look for the 2.4Ghz ones from Rapoo then? Is the main key needed on these to not have any lag like Bluetooth?

Do they have any other Rapoo's that have the transmitter with a 1/4" jack already or will all of these need a 3.5mm to 1/4" converter plug to work properly?

I am leaning towards the buying the Minelab X-Terra 705 more then likely now ... but the AT Pro is still on the table though.

Are these the only ones or are there other in this price range?

I don't mind spending a little more but nothing like up to a hundred bucks or more.

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the rapoo h3010 also...they work very well and there is no signal delay

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3010?

He linked the 3070

How do you make that tiny 3.5mm plug into the 1/4" headphone jack? Do you need another adapter to make that work?

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
falconman...bought an adapter at radio shack for the connection.......i might add also that i paid only 36 bucs for the rapoos from an overseas company

Hunters Haven-NC

Aug 28, 2013
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use wireless on my T2se and I love them. They go behind the neck which is really nice if you're wearing a hat plus you almost forget you have them on. Being able to set the detector aside without being attached is a plus for me. I bought the headphones and the transmitter on e-bay. The items are as follows.
Tao Tronics TT-BH03 (headphones) $25.99
A2 DP (3.5mm Bluetooth wireless transmitter) $18.99

There may be a slight signal delay. It wasn't really noticeable to me as once I hit a target I easily zeroed in and pinpointed it quickly. I no longer want to be attached by cord once I experienced the freedom.

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've talked about wireless headsets for both amateur radio and metal detecting so many times, I don't know where to start. Suffice to say, you're not going to like them! The biggest issue is the inherent delay, especially with first generation Bluetooth. Generation three is supposed to be better, but there is still a substantial delay (≈50ms). While that doesn't sound like much of a delay, you'll soon discover otherwise.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've talked about wireless headsets for both amateur radio and metal detecting so many times, I don't know where to start. Suffice to say, you're not going to like them! The biggest issue is the inherent delay, especially with first generation Bluetooth. Generation three is supposed to be better, but there is still a substantial delay (≈50ms). While that doesn't sound like much of a delay, you'll soon discover otherwise.
No delay with FM, and you can use any headphones connected to your favorite portable FM walkman or radio.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve tried a number of wireless setups: Auvio Earbuds, TDK 700’s, Bluetooth with APTX; all were too laggy. Picture this: there is a good target buried right in front of you. Using a two second sweep speed you sweep your coil to the left…..the target sounds off 10" to the left of where it is actually buried. Now you sweep it to the right…...the target sounds off 20" to the right of where you last heard it. Now back to the left, and again, you are 20" away from where you last heard the signal. Now if there happens to be a few trash targets in the general vicinity forget it, you’ll have to slow your swing speed WAY down to locate the target. The only ones I have found that have minimal, almost no noticeable lag are the Rapoo 3070’s. However, they happen to sound awful on my CZ and Omega; the sound is totally distorted. They do sound fine on my Deus and CTX……two machines that I don’t need them for. I did try a pair of cheap Harbor Freight wireless fm headphones. They actually sounded pretty good but I didn’t test them for lag. Airheadz makes wireless headphones that are meant to be used with detectors. Very expensive though.

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I really like these and from what I have read they are a solid set of wireless headphones that many seem to use for metal detecting.

TDK WR700 Wireless Headphones

Looks also like they employ the needed "Kleer Technology" (Not Bluetooth) as well for fast lag free sound.

I like the look and potential feel of how they look along with the nice transmitter and the fact it already has the 3.5mm TO 1/4" adapter and it ready to go.
I uses x2 AAA batteries and not rechargeable which may make them heavier but they cant be any worse then the heavy beast of headphones metal detectorist normally use.
And x2 AAA batteries in the transmitter as well adding a tinge more weight to your detector ... but I doubt enough At All to notice!
Nice little easy to access push power button on the side when you want to turn them off maybe if you detector is chattering to much while digging (that may be nice).
Plus same are has the push button volume up and down for easy control of volume without going into menus on the detector to do so like other standard detector headphones normally have.
They are over twice the price of say the Rapoo ones but seems to be built better and a little more quality overall I think and may be worth that price if they work the way they should.
ALSO these are actually so nice they can also be used for at home personal use as well .... the transmiiter will work with iPhones, MP3 Players, stereos, laptops, tablets and other devices to wireless stream audio from a 3.5mm or even a 1/4" (with adapter) stereo output to these headsets .... that is nice as well to know you have if ever needed.

And can be had for about $110 on eBay ..... TDK WR700 Wireless on Ear Headphones Hi Fi Stereo Headband Kleer Bluetooth 3 5mm 020356617905 | eBay

Anyone have any thoughts on these or do you use them? I have read some user here on TN have them ... if you do please chime in and let us know how you like them and how they are working and holding up ???

Thanks so much and I look forward to seeing more about these. :thumbsup:

Product Information:
Enjoy listening to music wherever you are without being tethered to a cord or cable with the TDK WR700 over-the-head wireless headphones that render powerful and precise aural resonance. Built using the Kleer’s proprietary wireless audio technology, these TDK headphones deliver exceptional acoustics with amazing clarity. Moreover, you can seamlessly sync these over-the-head wireless headphones with your CD players, MP3 players, and other audio devices by simply plugging in the transmitter. As the 16-bit 44 KHz digital audio signal is preserved during transmission, these TDK headphones deliver flawless stereo sound output. What’s more, with the vibrant channel selection feature, the TDK WR700 headphones minimize drops to render excellent reverberation.

VIDEO REVIEW:
Not of course shown a detector but just the headsets themselves so you can see what they look like and how they work.

Some pics for your reference .................

41KgVNDrf0L.jpg
71689Pfy9AL._SL1500_.jpg
tdk+wr700-04.jpg
image005.jpg

Features:

Wireless headphones
2.4GHz transmitter
Jack extension cord
Cloth bag for headphones
Four AAA batteries
Kleer does not compress the audio prior to transmission Wireless:
Uses the 2.4GHz band.
Transmitter monitors interference and switches to another channel if necessary.
10m Power Consumption
Two AAA Batteries provide 30-40 hours of listening time
Driver Diameter: 34 mm
Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
Sensitivity at 1 kHz: 106 ± 5dB Input impedance: 32 ± 10% ohms

Last edited:

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Auvio makes a very nice pair of rechargeable wireless headphones. You can find them on Ebay for around $50

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nobody using those TDK wireless headphones???

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
falconman, the TDK 700's that I tested belonged to a buddy who bought them to use with his etrac. At a two second sweep speed, a target would sound off 8" past where it was located. That's better than some, but still too much lag for me. He ended up sending them back. He currently uses the Rapoos since his Auvio 383's kicked the bucket. A lot of people used the 383's but they don't make them anymore. I have a pair of Auvio wireless earbuds; great for music but not for detecting. Some people DO use the TDK's for detecting and seem to like them. Maybe some units work better than others.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions