For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Juice in the hole

Mar 22, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi - bluetooth are no good for metal detecting - the signal latency delay is way too long - maybe over 200ms.
There are tons of cheap wireless headphones on the market - but none were developed for metal detecting.

Regarding the wireless for metal detecting - from what I have personally seen and tested so far, the sound will be like the wired phones we are used to - and there will be ZERO signal latency. And they will be rechargeable too.

Right now they are looking to keep the retail cost under $250. More like $225 or so.
Since a good pair of wired phones go for about $135 - this seems reasonable.

Will these new wireless headphones be useable with White's units? Their wireless headphones are $300 and I refuse to pay the price for them. A less expensive alternative that outperforms OEM would be most welcome.

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.... TDK can call it anything they want to call it, but it is still digital! The delay comes from the process of changing the AM audio to digital, transmitting it to the headphones, and turning it back to AM. Most battery powered DSP chips operate at a very low current draw to meet consumer demands for long battery life. As a result, the DSPs are not lightning fast. And, the greater the bandwidth, the slower they get.

Just for the record, the old Radio Shack wireless units were made by the same company supplying TDK. They too had a delay.

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Then why are so many guys using the Radio Shack wireless headsets and also these TDK's?

I read they have basically zero delay at all with the technology they run.

I would love to cut the cord on my upcoming machine ... and also have a smaller lower profile and better feeling seat of headphones as the old school horribly huge and uncomfortable, hot and sweaty headphones are just ridiculous to me ... why in the world have they not made a lower profile headset for detecting? I'm sorry but technology has advanced MASSIVELY in the last 2 years ... why are all metal detecting guys still wearing these ridiculous headphones?

Gotta be something better out there ... and the wireless has gotta be better then some say as well.

Zelieman

Greenie
Aug 22, 2013
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a pair of the Sennheiser RS 160 Digital Wireless Headphones and am really happy with them.

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Coinsniffer

May 10, 2014
Texas!!
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know of any rf headphones still available. And ones you can purchase here in the states? Besides airheadz or anything $300+. I'm not to fond of buying from overseas and waiting forever to get something in the mail.

Looking to take my new at pro wireless

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ordered the Rapoo 3070 wireless online for $54 Australian with transmitter, I already have the At Pro 1/4 adaptor. Expected delivery isn't until end of May so once I get em, I'll report back how they work on the AT Pro. :thumbsup:

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other thing I liked about the look of the Rapoo was the thin band, I like to wear a hat, not a cap, and anything with a traditional type band just doesn't fit

Coinsniffer

May 10, 2014
Texas!!
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I understand that. Mostly I will wear them around my neck if they are loud enough or on my ears with the band not on my head. I'm a cap guy as well. We shall see. May wear over the cap

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One advantage of using standard FM is I can use my In-ear isolation phones with nothing strapped to my head or over my ears. Yes I have to have a small walkman on my belt, but It is far better to be HEAD phone free! Of course not everyone is into DIY so if these inexpensive units work for a season I guess it is a good deal!

Last edited:

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the RAPOO 3070 in the mail today, can't wait to try them out and I'll report back.

bluemask

Apr 8, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT , CScope 990 XD, Tesoro DeLeon, Fisher CZ3D, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rapoo's users please report experience with detector's signal thanks

jtermz

May 6, 2014
west suburbs of chicago(lombard)
Detector(s) used
etrac nox600

garret pp
lesche diggers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rapoo's users please report experience with detector's signal thanks

I use the rapoos I have no issue I will never go back to using wired set tried it the other day just to see if I was making a mistake by going wireless went home early could not deal with the cord any longer wireless headphones by rapoo work great

tonylumps

Greenie
May 16, 2015
newtown square,pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just installed the Rapoos and went out to test for any lag. I Tested on Quarter. Nick,Dime,Penny,Nail,Small washer.With and without headphones.Cordless and wired.No lag what so ever.I am using AT Pro MD in standard and Pro mode. All of the sounds are Idenical except the low tones are really low. I also used Pinpointing and the sounding was dead on.Just in case, I did use an inline volume control. Except for the Garrett adaptor everything was under 50.00.The wired headphones were really getting to me Sunday.But with all of the traffic I had to use them.The Photo Is the Transmitter plugged into the inline Volume control Velcro to the side of the control unit.

Attachments

• DSC00032.JPG
    DSC00032.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

duggr

May 4, 2006
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Rapoo H 3070 as well...I also use the AUVIO Wireless Earbuds that have been discontinued! The ear buds are my Favorite!
I also have a TDK WR700 electronics put in a Lexan case and hooked up so I can use Ear buds or Full size headphones if needed..
No more cords for me!!!!!!

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well just bought some rapoos.. Will see how they work. After having my CTX I don't want to go back to wired headphones ever. So nice. Hope there is no delay like the CTX

duggr

May 4, 2006
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well just bought some rapoos.. Will see how they work. After having my CTX I don't want to go back to wired headphones ever. So nice. Hope there is no delay like the CTX
To be Honest I cannot see any delay at all on my etrac! The Rapoo's are the best Dollar Value going
and I like that they are lighter than My old WR 700's

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread