All Treasure Hunting

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i bought a pair of rapoo 2.4ghz wireless headphones we will see how good those work i will let everyone know if interested

I bought a set and found it useless as the tones are all statistic y for any good.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i will give a report this weekend as to how they work for me.. if they are crap and static I will not use. I figure for $40 I will give them a shot. And a lot if folks say they are great with no issues.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not going back to corded headphones. These work great.

A charge lasts longer than I do, and can charge from any USB port.

You can also plug them into your cell phone for music or conversation, computer, back of the TV... work great there too. The headset has a volume control which works very well.

Lightweight, NO CORD, I can hear the tones perfectly and I can also hear around me. They don't block off everything like standard headphones.

Very inexpensive for what you get. Highly recommended.

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I just returned from two hours running the Rapoo's on an Ace 350 and all is still well. Well with them anyway...
I do run an additional Koss inline volume control.
After a couple years they are still the most comfortable wearing headphones I've used after a couple pair of Garret's Clearsounds, and a pair of Treasure Ears , especially on warm days.

Last edited:

duggr

May 4, 2006
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just returned from two hours running the Rapoo's on an Ace 350 and all is still well. Well with them anyway...
I do run an additional Koss inline volume control.
After a couple years they are still the most comfortable wearing headphones I've used after a couple pair of Garret's Clearsounds, and a pair of Treasure Ears , especially on warm days.

Yah They were more comfortable than the TDK 700's. The TDK's Headband would slide down the front of my head with or with out a Hat on because
of the weight when I bent over to pic something up or dig a hole, Not so with the small Rapoo wireless...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are teaching me a lot. I hate head phones and about 6 sets in different state of repair.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I might buy those Airheadz. They look like they would be the perfect set of phones if you wanted to really shut out all other noises and listen for faint signals. If I couple those with a Vaquero, I may be able to find some deep stuff. I like the way a Tesoro whispers on the small deep targets. To be honest, I could spend about $400 and get the WS5 headphones for my Deus and do the same thing.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
It appears that the main difference between the two is that one allows you to hear things around you, and the other seals off the external noises.

duggr

May 4, 2006
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears that the main difference between the two is that one allows you to hear things around you, and the other seals off the external noises.
If I use the earbuds and need to hear whats around me I simply leave one out..

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well first report for the rapoos.. Only plugged them in to my etrac and tried for about 1 minute. But in that minute my initial impressions are promising. ZERO static. Seems like they may be a little low on tone range. Low sounds could be lower and I did not swipe over real high conductors for the high frequencies. Will have a better report in a day or so..

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got my H3070 Rapoo headphones in the mail today and took them out to the back yard for a spin. In five minutes I found a penny and cald dime...and I have hunted my back yard a LOT. Boy I can't wait to spend a long day without that cord always getting in the way. Maybe Sunday :) I was using them with my AT Pro and they sounded great. Under $40 on eBay

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, So I have put some time on the Rapoo's. One thing for sure is they are 100% static free. But for me I am not liking them overall. The sound quality is poor IMO. The tone range is not good and Kind of flat sounding. Hard to describe but when you have spent so much tome getting used to the tone your machine makes it is hard to swing over to them.. 2 I only got about 2.5 hrs from the head set before the batteries went dead after being fully charged. So maybe if you get them with a new machine and had to learn them with the machine it might be better? Oh yea one more plus side. Cooler and less sweaty on the hot summer days.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the problem that everyone who metal detects faces when looking for aftermarket wireless headphones (aftermarket as in not built by the manufacturer...XP Deus, Minelab CTX3030, Whites V3i):

The latency of the signal response and the build quality/freq response of the phones.

Those AKG's are nice phones for listening to music in the house but they are using "Kleer" 2.4ghz technology and that signal latency lag is awful. About >50ms of signal delay.

That same technology is used in some other headphones too. I have tested them out and their published >30ms of delay latency which I think is much longer is the equivalent of hearing the signal about 10" away from where the target actually is.

So as you swing, with a target sitting right on the surface, you hear the sound about 10" on either side of the actual spot where it sits.

Some guys say they get used to it - but for me it just wasn't right. Plus the phones are really geared to music (20-20,000hz) and not the freq range of our detectors which is from 200-3200hz.

I would stay tuned because something exciting is coming real soon regarding wireless headphones specifically geared for metal detectors...

That is funny as I have used the Auvios as well as the TDK WR700 both have the "Kleer" technology and I have noticed no lag. I have been using these for a couple years on the AT Pro, Fisher F75 and E Trac and have dug a thousand coins probably a couple hundred silvers and can pin point to within an inch or so of the targets position no matter what coil or machine I am using. Absolutel no performance difference between the wireless and the corded phones.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
With the Rapoo's I get the 'boing' over the coin. No problems for me.

I can only imagine that if someone markets wireless headphones specifically designed for metal detectors, that should up the price by 60% right there...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
ok, So I have put some time on the Rapoo's. One thing for sure is they are 100% static free. But for me I am not liking them overall. The sound quality is poor IMO. The tone range is not good and Kind of flat sounding. Hard to describe but when you have spent so much tome getting used to the tone your machine makes it is hard to swing over to them.. 2 I only got about 2.5 hrs from the head set before the batteries went dead after being fully charged. So maybe if you get them with a new machine and had to learn them with the machine it might be better? Oh yea one more plus side. Cooler and less sweaty on the hot summer days.

Something is not right if your charge only last a couple hours.
Both transmitter and headset were likely charged first....double that time has been reported. Somethings not right.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe so. But just the way they performer new out of the box after I fully charged them.

Rechargeable batteries need to be drained and recharged about 3 times before they reach their maximum charge capacity. Things should improve with use.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rechargeable batteries need to be drained and recharged about 3 times before they reach their maximum charge capacity. Things should improve with use.

Maybe, But I use a lot of battery operated items and never had anything almost double it's battery life after a few charges. I was not complaining just Giving potential users what I have first hand knowledge of now. Take it for what you want.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread